+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JAN 2015 Citizenship Applicants

WendLassida

Oct 29, 2011
My spouse, son, and I took the test in early July in Winnipeg and we were interviewed together. But the approach could be different in your office... Regarding the documents you should bring for the interview, my advice will be to take with you any documents you used to support your application. I carried everything with me but the immigration officer only checked our passports (both valid and expired), PR cards, and Landing papers. I also have two children aged 9 and 14 but they did not go with me to the test/ interview and the officer did not want to see them or their documents. The test invitation letter I received made no mention of them either. Yes, it is a multiple choice question test.A few sample questions are provided in the citizenship study guide. Also, you can find several free practice tests online; just google. Again, I am not from Ottawa and my experience could be a bit different from yours. A general advice: "read the study guide at least 2-3 times" and you'll be fine with the test. Good luck!!!!

FAS said:
Hi, I applied with my family - 2 adults and 2 kids on Jan 12, ecase says processing, luckily I check mail, got letter to appear in test in Ottawa on 26 August . I'd appreciate if people recently appeared in test share following info.

- my wife and I will be interviewed together or separately ? Asking because should I make one supporting documents file or separate ?
- should I carry more supporting documents in anticipation of questions? We have done some travelling back home and to US by land.
I have not received any letters for my kids 7 and 4 age. We applied together. Should they accompany us or should we carry their documents?
- is test Multiple choice question?
- where can I find sample test?
- any other tips in general or by Ottawa applicant? Thanks

CalgaryBD

Jun 8, 2015
Hi all,

Anyone from Calgary? Is there any luck happening in application process? I saw someone who applied on December 2014, got test date on August 24th. That indicates by 1 week or so January applicants should be started to get response....

Plz make a shout Calgarians!!!!

thuychung111

Apr 21, 2015
I did the test today, scored 20/20, the test was simple and easy. i found this helpful link

they have 10 chapters.
hope everyone will pass too.

thuychung111

Apr 21, 2015
I cannot post the link. I dont know why

we just go to youtube, and search this key words :"candian citizenship chapter"

it will show 10 chapters.

tds69us

Nov 22, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thuychung111 said:
I cannot post the link. I dont know why

we just go to youtube, and search this key words :"candian citizenship chapter"

it will show 10 chapters.
did you use the book at all?

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
Did my test few days back, scored 19, my suggestion for preparation, at the minimum do following:

- First take the quiz on http://www.yourlibrary.ca/citizenship/
- then Read the book at-least once
- then keep practising on http://www.yourlibrary.ca/citizenship/ till you score 99% in the online test

BEST OF LUCK !

mjh49783aa

Sep 22, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2011
Nomination.....
Sponsor approved: 13-06-2011
AOR Received.
03-11-2011
File Transfer...
28-06-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
COPR received 13-01-2012
LANDED..........
15-01-2012
My test is going to take place in Scarborough. Really wished I had more of a notice so that I could get this done, and especially in consideration of my disabled wife, but I think I'll be able to make it. This road trip will be quite interesting. :)

mjh49783aa

Sep 22, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2011
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
03-11-2011
File Transfer...
28-06-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
COPR received 13-01-2012
LANDED..........
15-01-2012
I have my reservations set, and the funds to make the trip so that my test can happen. I'm going to get more serious with my studies, and I'll let everyone know how it went, once I finish the test.

turboracer

Jul 20, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mjh49783aa said:
My test is going to take place in Scarborough. Really wished I had more of a notice so that I could get this done, and especially in consideration of my disabled wife, but I think I'll be able to make it. This road trip will be quite interesting. :)
Friend are you from downtown or east end or west end ?

Like friend ur time line is great what was ur local office ?

mjh49783aa

Sep 22, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2011
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
03-11-2011
File Transfer...
28-06-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
COPR received 13-01-2012
LANDED..........
15-01-2012
turboracer said:
Friend are you from downtown or east end or west end ?

Like friend ur time line is great what was ur local office ?
I'm coming from way up in Sault Ste. Marie, roughly a 7-8 hour drive from here in Northern Ontario, to the Toronto area. My 'local' office is in Mississauga.

When your spouse has a severe case of MS, and you need someone to make sure she's safe on this little bit of notice, it is not really as much notice as you think it is. This is why I'm lucky that I have a few friends that can help me out while I'm gone. Otherwise, I might have had no choice but to ask for a venue closer to here. Meanwhile, there would be no itinerant services here in town until December at the earliest. Then again, why wait that long when I don't have to? That's another reason why it's good to pick the right friends. :)

My Ngoc Yan

Jul 17, 2015
thuychung111 said:
I did the test today, scored 20/20, the test was simple and easy. i found this helpful link

they have 10 chapters.
hope everyone will pass too.
Hi Thuychung,

I think you're Vietnamese, aren't you ? Anyway, are you from Ottawa or where?
Could you please share your test questions to us ?

My Ngoc

IRO

May 14, 2015
mjh49783aa said:
I'm coming from way up in Sault Ste. Marie, roughly a 7-8 hour drive from here in Northern Ontario, to the Toronto area. My 'local' office is in Mississauga.

When your spouse has a severe case of MS, and you need someone to make sure she's safe on this little bit of notice, it is not really as much notice as you think it is. This is why I'm lucky that I have a few friends that can help me out while I'm gone. Otherwise, I might have had no choice but to ask for a venue closer to here. Meanwhile, there would be no itinerant services here in town until December at the earliest. Then again, why wait that long when I don't have to? That's another reason why it's good to pick the right friends. :)
Sorry about your situation mjh49783, I live in Northern Ontario (Sudbury) too, we both have the same local office (mississauga) and a similar timeline..... I'm still in the waiting game, hope to get invitation soon.......As par your driving to Toronto, try to drive down a day before your test day to avoid any unforesee circumstances........Gudluck
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on January 19, 2015.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 27, 2015.
We started processing your application on March 24, 2015.
Transfer to local office April 16, 2015