29-08-2012
Med's Done....
21-09-2011
Interview........
26-11-2012 (landing)
LANDED..........
26-11-2012
Pov Lay said:
we sent you correspondence on april 13, 2015. if you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

Its now July 21, 2015 I never received any correspondence on april 13 2015 ??. Is this normal? do I just wait? or do I call them? I'm just so nervous and afraid I did something wrong!, where is my letter? please help!. :'(
I have this line on my ecas after 2 days I received the letter. So, they sent out the letter to me on July 14, I saw this update on ecas on July 18. It was asking me for electronic fingerprints and requiring me to complete that within 30 days counted from July 14. You should call them right away to find out. If your case is the same as mine to ask for fingerprints, you're properly too late to provide the info now. Good luck.

missworld13

Star Member
Jun 18, 2013
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2014
AOR Received.
02-09-2014 AIP
Med's Done....
03-01-2014
Passport Req..
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
04-02-2015
My hubby got yellow letter saying his test is on 17 Aug AR Scarborough location... he submitted his file on 15 Jan 2015

tds69us

Nov 22, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
just a reminder for everyone to update the spreadsheet in case of developments...

thuychung111

Apr 21, 2015
Can anyone help me to add my timeline:
App sent: 9 -jan-2015
received: 14- jan-2015
AOR mail : 12 -March -2015
eCAS AOR : 21 -April-2015
in process: 5 -jun-2015
LOT : 11 -jun-2015
Office: Hamilton.

kiwicanuck

Star Member
Dec 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2011
File Transfer...
25-01-2012
Med's Done....
26-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2012
LANDED..........
18-03-2012
I had my citizenship test and interview this morning in Niagara Falls. I know not many people on the forum go through this office but here's my experience anyway!

There were about 15 people there, and we began the test at 8.30am. They talk to you first about how the content of the test is confidential and not to tell other applicants the exact questions. There are 20 questions and you have to get 15 right. All of us finished within 10 minutes :) I had read the Discover Canada guide several times yesterday, and also did a number of online practice tests. Here are three of the most helpful I found:
http://www.yourlibrary.ca/citizenship/
http://www.torontopubliclibrary.ca/new-to-canada/citizenship.jsp
http://gvpl.ca/audiences/multicultural/citizenship-practice-test
They are a good representation of the kind of question on the test. Make sure to read the information in the coloured boxes around the edges in the Discover Canada guide also, not just the main text.

NOTE: They announced before the test that if you fail, they will make an appointment with you to sit the test again in 4 weeks; and if you fail again, you will meet with a citizenship judge.

After the test, we all waited in a room and one by one were called in to speak with one of two citizenship officials for the 'interview' portion. When it was my turn, the woman (who was very friendly and nice) gave me the results of the test, then went through my application, asking for each piece of original documentation: all passports, transcript, ID forms. Then I had to sign some documents saying I had never been arrested etc., and that all the provided information was true. Then she told me my oath ceremony would be August 28, and to expect the oath letter mid-August! Very pain-free. I was one of the last interviewed, and everyone before me came out from their interview within 10-15 minutes also.

I am so thankful to be almost finished with this process!
The very best of luck to everyone!!

tds69us

Nov 22, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kiwicanuck said:
I had my citizenship test and interview this morning in Niagara Falls. I know not many people on the forum go through this office but here's my experience anyway!

There were about 15 people there, and we began the test at 8.30am. They talk to you first about how the content of the test is confidential and not to tell other applicants the exact questions. There are 20 questions and you have to get 15 right. All of us finished within 10 minutes :) I had read the Discover Canada guide several times yesterday, and also did a number of online practice tests. Here are three of the most helpful I found:
They are a good representation of the kind of question on the test. Make sure to read the information in the coloured boxes around the edges in the Discover Canada guide also, not just the main text.

NOTE: They announced before the test that if you fail, they will make an appointment with you to sit the test again in 4 weeks; and if you fail again, you will meet with a citizenship judge.

After the test, we all waited in a room and one by one were called in to speak with one of two citizenship officials for the 'interview' portion. When it was my turn, the woman (who was very friendly and nice) gave me the results of the test, then went through my application, asking for each piece of original documentation: all passports, transcript, ID forms. Then I had to sign some documents saying I had never been arrested etc., and that all the provided information was true. Then she told me my oath ceremony would be August 28, and to expect the oath letter mid-August! Very pain-free. I was one of the last interviewed, and everyone before me came out from their interview within 10-15 minutes also.

Congrats!!!!

samreentariq

Jan 8, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2011
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
05-12-2011
AOR Received.
12-02-2012
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
28-05-2012
Med's Request
06-08-2012
Med's Done....
17-08-2012
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
15-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
-
LANDED..........
07-10-2012
kiwicanuck said:

Congratulations and thanks for the insight.

vividind

Star Member
Dec 31, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
02/25/2015
kiwicanuck said:

Congratulations and Thanks for the update. I have test tomorrow and will update here soon with my experience. I have test in Scarborough and hope to hear the Oath date in the interview itself like you instead of waiting for it :)

vividind

Star Member
Dec 31, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
02/25/2015
One more question...

We are family application of 4 ( 2 kids).. Do i need to take kids documentation as well for exam? Any insights are appreciated.

eduvit

Jan 4, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thuychung111 said:
Can anyone help me to add my timeline:
App sent: 9 -jan-2015
received: 14- jan-2015
AOR mail : 12 -March -2015
eCAS AOR : 21 -April-2015
in process: 5 -jun-2015
LOT : 11 -jun-2015
Office: Hamilton.
Your information was updated here in the spreadsheet. Cheers.
http://bit.ly/1eusr3Y

eduvit

Jan 4, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vividind said:
One more question...

We are family application of 4 ( 2 kids).. Do i need to take kids documentation as well for exam? Any insights are appreciated.
I think it is no harm to bring that in since they can aks for any orignal documents, especially if the kids were born outside of Canada.
Good luck for your exam and let us know your experiences. ;)

kiwicanuck

Star Member
Dec 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2011
File Transfer...
25-01-2012
Med's Done....
26-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2012
LANDED..........
18-03-2012
vividind said:
One more question...

It may differ by office, but my interviewer went through my application systematically, and asked to see every document that I had photocopied. She did not miss any, and did not ask for any additional documents. So at the least, I would suggest to bring the originals of any documents for the children which you photocopied for the application.

Indie787

Jul 22, 2015
Hello KiwiCanuck,

Congratulations for your success in test.I am also from St.Catharines and attending the test at NF on Aug 6.Did you have to show the residence calculator you have filled while submitting the Citizenship application form during your interview?I dont have another copy of that and does nt even remember the dates of my US trips. :'(

I used an approximate date for my US trips but dont remember the dates i put for residence calculator. :'(

Please reply.

thanks