+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JAN 2015 Citizenship Applicants

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
today when I logged in to my ECAS the very first word I read was 'Completed'; to my surprise my ECAS has also started showing my Permanent Residence status...........lol
this was not there when ECAS for citizenship application got activated (about 6 months ago)........... considering my application is in the slowest citizenship office in canada i.e. Saskatoon it didn't took much more than few seconds to realize that 'completed' status is not for citizenship app.

WendLassida

Oct 29, 2011
My ECAS is showing the same today: COMPLETED for PR application and DECISION MADE for Citizenship application.

My application was received Jan 29th 2015 and test was taken on July 7th, 2015. So far, no oath invitation letter yet. I hope the letter is on the way ...

IllaBee

Star Member
Dec 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good luck to those with test invites this week. Be sure to study and pass the "hard" test alright. :D

Too bad for me, line 4. has never appeared back since it disappeared the first time. I mean what type of f*ck$!ng glitch is this ??? :mad:? I have a 3 week out-of-country trip coming at the end of July. So, looks like I will most certainly not be "testing" anytime soon looking at the Mississauga office thread.

Oh well! :( :( :mad: :mad:

WendLassida

Oct 29, 2011
gpin said:
gst8486 if you landed in apr 2012,how did you complete 1090 days by jan2015?
Note, the residence requirement used to be 1095 days, not 1090, and the answer is simple. This means he/she was living in Canada before becoming a PR. Each day lived in Canada prior to becoming PR was counted 1/2 a day and it was allowed to have up to 1 year of bonus from this.

I myself landed on April 4th 2012 but first came to Canada in early May 2011 with a work permit. I could have applied in October 2014 but waited my family members (who arrived later) to meet their residency requirement so we could apply as a family...

brunoc19

Mar 14, 2015
Waterloo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Test done yesterday. 19/20, interview was smooth, just checked my drivers license and health card. Not even asked my passport. I have left the country more than 10 times. She showed me her request from CBSA and said what she got matches my application perfectly and since I finished university degree after I landed Canada, there's no credibility issue. And she is going to arrange my oath around September.

gpin

Jul 11, 2015
We are a family of five.Compared to all other posts on this site are timeline is the slowest.

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on January 7, 2015.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on March 2, 2015.
We started processing your application on June 11, 2015.

After this nothing.Are there any other applicants out there from Halton region,who are experiencing similar situation.

triplesss

Apr 1, 2015
brunoc19 said:
Test done yesterday. 19/20, interview was smooth, just checked my drivers license and health card. Not even asked my passport. I have left the country more than 10 times. She showed me her request from CBSA and said what she got matches my application perfectly and since I finished university degree after I landed Canada, there's no credibility issue. And she is going to arrange my oath around September.
Congradulations! I have a question for you.
which one was first,the test or the interview? cuz I'm wondering if they have the test result when they interview.

brunoc19

Mar 14, 2015
Waterloo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
triplesss said:
Congradulations! I have a question for you.
which one was first,the test or the interview? cuz I'm wondering if they have the test result when they interview.
Mine was test first. Everyone went into the test room. Officer called your name, then you went up there showing him your two pieces of ID, then signed on a piece of paper, and the officer stamped on ur file. After everyone was done that, exam booklets were given and test started. You handed in your exam booklet and answer sheet to the proctor as soon as you finished, then went back to the main waiting room. Then another officer called your name and took you to a tiny interview room. Gave your exam score and talked to you for a bit.

Btw the test is very very similar to the mock question online. Personally I read the book once very beiefly and then focused on the mock exams.

hoaphuong2013

Star Member
May 22, 2015
brunoc19 said:
Btw the test is very very similar to the mock question online. Personally I read the book once very beiefly and then focused on the mock exams.
Hi brunoc and everyone, I will have the test at Waterloo/Kitchener next week as well, could you please let me know the website which has the mockup questions for the test. Thank you so much

triplesss

Apr 1, 2015
brunoc19 said:
Mine was test first. Everyone went into the test room. Officer called your name, then you went up there showing him your two pieces of ID, then signed on a piece of paper, and the officer stamped on ur file. After everyone was done that, exam booklets were given and test started. You handed in your exam booklet and answer sheet to the proctor as soon as you finished, then went back to the main waiting room. Then another officer called your name and took you to a tiny interview room. Gave your exam score and talked to you for a bit.

Thanks a lot for the info, Hope you get your oath date soon ;)

brunoc19

Mar 14, 2015
Waterloo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hoaphuong2013 said:
Hi brunoc and everyone, I will have the test at Waterloo/Kitchener next week as well, could you please let me know the website which has the mockup questions for the test. Thank you so much
Hi! I downloaded two iPhone apps named Canadian citizenship tests. But again, you really do need to read the book at least once so you'll have some idea of what to expect. Most important part is history and famous persons names

kiwicanuck

Star Member
Dec 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2011
File Transfer...
25-01-2012
Med's Done....
26-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2012
LANDED..........
18-03-2012
Got my test invitation letter today!

For the 27th of July (two weeks!!) in Niagara Falls.

Nothing has changed on ecas in weeks (since the transferred line appeared) so I wasn't expecting this good news :)

Thank you to those who are updating with their test/interview experiences, congratulations to those with invitation letters, and GOOD LUCK to us all!