+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JAN 2015 Citizenship Applicants

Jayl

Aug 12, 2013
1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on January 16, 2015.

2. We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 27, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

3. We started processing your application on March 10, 2015.

From Edmonton. I now see that Edmonton is even slower than Calgary lol

samreentariq

Jan 8, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2011
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
05-12-2011
AOR Received.
12-02-2012
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
28-05-2012
Med's Request
06-08-2012
Med's Done....
17-08-2012
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
15-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
-
LANDED..........
07-10-2012
It seems Toronto is moving like a snail
I have noticed that as well felt a bit odd given the speed at which they were going till around Nov 2014 apps. Looking at Dec 14 there is still quiet a lot of applicants who are still in AoR phase waiting to go 'In Process' , Jan 15 and Feb 15 the few applicants who have gone to 'In process' are all from the western provinces, so it seems they have completely stopped for now or the volume was too high that it was getting out of control so new processing is on hold till they can get some breathing space.Over all I believe I saw one person can't remember if it was Dec or Jan finally go to In Process yesterday, all we can do is hope it will pick up soon again.

LANCAY

Jan 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I sent my application on December 12,2014
got an email that they're processing on January 18, 2015
till now, there's no update...and I can't check my online status either. is it normal??
sigh...any advice? thanksssss

applicant361

Star Member
Mar 19, 2015
Hello guys.

I will be travelling soon and I am wondering if the CIC just sends just a letter to inform you of your test date or it will be updated online first/at the same time? I will be checking the site everyday but I won't see the letter until I come back. And I hear sometimes they give very little notice. I don't want to miss it.

Thank you.

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
After a very impressive start CIC has gone bit slow now, still can't complain specially after looking at the timelines of applicants from last year !

Good Luck friends !

IllaBee

Star Member
Dec 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yeah, seems everything slowed has down but we all need to allow the PROCESS to move ahead at the pace it is supposed to. I don't expect to have the test and oath in the next 6 months honestly but if that happens, then I'll be too excited and will even dress up as a CIC officer for Halloween ;D.

Easy guys...am just making light of the situation as we all endure the agonising wait....don't be so uptight guys lol. Things are moving in the background...hey, at least we got AOR.

Happy waiting!!!!

brunoc19

Mar 14, 2015
Waterloo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IllaBee said:
Yeah, seems everything slowed has down but we all need to allow the PROCESS to move ahead at the pace it is supposed to. I don't expect to have the test and oath in the next 6 months honestly but if that happens, then I'll be too excited and will even dress up as a CIC officer for Halloween ;D.

Easy guys...am just making light of the situation as we all endure the agonising wait....don't be so uptight guys lol. Things are moving in the background...hey, at least we got AOR.

Happy waiting!!!!
Our timelines are very similar. I mailed on Jan.26 and received Jan 29.

brunoc19

Mar 14, 2015
Waterloo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IllaBee said:
Yes they are. Your city is waterloo?
Ya. I don't know why it takes so long for processing such a easy application. It's 80 calendar days in Australia.I started attending UWaterloo 2 months after landing, and now I'm graduating. I don't know if this would be a strong proof of my physical presence. Anyway, we might just need to wait.

tds69us

Nov 22, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
their sluggishness makes me sick....what a scam they got away with by raising the application fees and speeding up one part of the process....

vividind

Star Member
Dec 31, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
02/25/2015
Finally... status changed to Inprocess.

Application process started on March 20 it seems.

tds69us

Nov 22, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vividind said:
Finally... status changed to Inprocess.

Application process started on March 20 it seems.
Congrats Vividind, but the process is still painfully slow. At this rate, I can easily see that not all of the January applications will change to "In Process" before the end of June!!!

Plus, out of all the applications that have changed to "In Process" or have been transferred, only one is from Toronto!!!!

Ridiculous...

brunoc19

Mar 14, 2015
Waterloo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tds69us said:
their sluggishness makes me sick....what a scam they got away with by raising the application fees and speeding up one part of the process....
Lol you are correct. It seemed to be faster, and now it's slow again. Conservative party really sucks to be honest. Even after citizenship reform, the "real time" processing is still gonna be less than a year, much longer compared to 80 calendar days processing time for Australian citizenship. And they only pay less than 300 dollars.