+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Jan 11 ITA Recipients >>>>CONVERGE Here for next STEPS

Shimich

Apr 29, 2016
Hello everybody. Glad to be here. As of Jan 11th I became afully pledged candidate to get the PR card. That being said I have a small inquiry so if anyone is willing to help I would be grateful.
I'be been rejected for a work permit extension last year because as the rejection letter said my work visa was not extendable - So, what should I answer to the question: Have you ever been rejected for a work permit question?
Thank you

PeachesAndMaples

Star Member
Jul 30, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
ITA 1.4.2017
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
In God's Perfect Time
VISA ISSUED...
In God's Perfect Time
LANDED..........
In God's Perfect Time
Dear all:

Questions for Personal Activities:

(1) I graduated March 2010. Enrolled at review school on May 2010. There is a gap dated April 2010. During that time I self-review or technically I am waiting for the May 2010 Review.
(a) What will i put, Educational Activity or Unemployed?
(b) If Educational Activity, I don't have any supporting documents to present since this is just self review. Do I have to present anything?

(2) From May 2010 to October 2010, I took the Board Review. Do i need supporting documents? If yes, what document?

(3) From January 2013 onwards, I became a member Institute of Internal Auditors and ISACA. Do i need to declare this? Do i need to present documents? What documents?

Questions For Address History:

(1)What supporting documents do we need to present?

(2) What if I could no longer remember the exact date we started living in that address? What is the remedy?

Thank you so much.

kenok

Star Member
May 19, 2016
maribui said:
Hi there. I'm no expert, but I would say if you got an ITA without ever mentioning you had an ECA for your medical degree, than it probably means you are not claiming poits for it, correct? If so, you don't have to submit ECA of this particular degree, only the diploma is fine. You can always submit an LOE stating that you don't intend on practicing medicine upon arrival, although I don't believe you have to explain yourself, since you have another valid degree for which you do have an ECA. Furthermore, I'd only mention your medical degree under personal history.
Thank you very much, yeah I am not claiming points for the medical degree only for the PhD which has higher scores anyway, However since I stated in the history that I have worked in a hospital I will be also uploading reference letters. I think I will just gather all the other documents and maybe start the ECA process for the medical degree. If all documents are ready before the ECA is out, I will upload and send with a letter of explanation. If the ECA for the medical degree comes out soon then I will also upload. Thanks again for your reply

Ajaychhabra79

Dec 24, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2 mar 2017
AOR Received.
3 mar 2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
I got ITA on jan11. I hava a ques
Regarding proof of fund
My wife have around 6 months old funds
Of around 10000 dollors equivalent in her
Account.
My father has gifted me 4000 eqivalent
to me.
I also have 5000 dollors equivalent money
in my account which i deposited only
one month back. Will dat be ok or do i need
to show more funds through gift deed.

YOF2015

Star Member
Sep 26, 2015
vector911 said:
Hi All,

Congratulations to all that received the ITA!

My wife and I have received ITA on Jan 11, 2017 and need to get the Medical Examination done. My wife is 18 weeks pregnant and is expected to deliver end of May or early June. After reading the discussion on the forum I understand that I have two options at this point:

a. To get the Medical Exam with the x-ray and send a completed e-APR and CIC will start process on my application. If we do not receive the COPR prior to our baby being born, we will have to update CIC with new family update and complete tests for new baby and submit revised forms / fees and thereafter all three of us will get COPR.

b. To get the Medical Exam without the x-ray and the physician will be able to give me a deferral for x-ray which can be uploaded with the e-APR. In such case, while my application can be submitted within 90 days, CIC will not begin processing my application and only post-delivery of baby, my wife will be required to complete the x-ray and we will have to update CIC with new family update and complete tests for new baby and submit revised forms / fees and thereafter CIC will start process on our application.

My questions are:

a. Is the afore-mentioned understanding correct?

b. If we were to choose to get the x-ray done at this stage and we get COPR prior to delivery of baby by some lucky chance, would it be possible for my pregnant wife and I to enter Canada and have the baby there? If so, which insurance would we have to take as in Ontario the OIHP doesn’t start till after 3 months of residency.

Any guidance is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

I am also in the same boat brother..My wife is due in May..i think ur understanding is pretty much correct....Best wishes

loveabhic

Star Member
Jun 5, 2016
Montréal
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-02-2017
Med's Done....
14-04-2017
Passport Req..
10-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
15-06-2017
pjk said:
May I know your num, so I can ping you on whatsapp?
Sent you a pm please check

Future83

Nov 13, 2016
Hello everyone - we are thrilled we got our ITA this week and congratulations to you all as well!
We have got ourselves into a bit of a situation and we are hoping you can give us your opinions and any knowledge on this.

On our FSW application we put that we could bring quite a large amount of CAD into the country with us, but we didn't expect to get invites quite so soon. We were about to adjust this number downwards when we got the ITA. It's just the two of us and we already have the $15,143 necessary for two family members, but we have written more than that into the application.

Our question is, can we safely lower the amount on our FSW profile before sending the PR application details, as long as the number is still above the necessary $15,143 or will this cause problems with our PR application?

It would be possible for us to get the remaining balance to get us to the number we put on the application, but in order to do so we will have to speak with a family member who will gift us the remaining money. That money will be a gift, not borrowed, and we can get a signed declaration from them saying the money is a gift so in the worst case scenario we are covered. However we feel that the sudden influx of money will raise questions (even if we have answers) and would rather avoid this if possible.

Any advice or info very welcome.

Thanks!!

PeachesAndMaples

Star Member
Jul 30, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
ITA 1.4.2017
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
In God's Perfect Time
VISA ISSUED...
In God's Perfect Time
LANDED..........
In God's Perfect Time
What is the format for scanning the documents? jpg or pdf?

romeo2529

Star Member
Jun 18, 2016
Hi guys,

Quick questions:
1. There is a gap of 1.5 yrs between me finishing education and starting job. Actually i worked in a company for 1 year (have offer letter and resignation letter but no pay slips) but they bloody never paid because they were going through financial crunch. I didnt declare this job in my profile as the company is now shut and there is no way i can obtain any reference letter. Should i just declare 1.5 years as unemployment in the section of activities undertaken in last 10 years? What proofs would i need?

2. My wife has an expired passport. Do we need to mention about it anywhere?

Pat180715

Star Member
Jun 1, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Future83 said:
Hello everyone - we are thrilled we got our ITA this week and congratulations to you all as well!
We have got ourselves into a bit of a situation and we are hoping you can give us your opinions and any knowledge on this.

On our FSW application we put that we could bring quite a large amount of CAD into the country with us, but we didn't expect to get invites quite so soon. We were about to adjust this number downwards when we got the ITA. It's just the two of us and we already have the $15,143 necessary for two family members, but we have written more than that into the application.

Our question is, can we safely lower the amount on our FSW profile before sending the PR application details, as long as the number is still above the necessary $15,143 or will this cause problems with our PR application?

It would be possible for us to get the remaining balance to get us to the number we put on the application, but in order to do so we will have to speak with a family member who will gift us the remaining money. That money will be a gift, not borrowed, and we can get a signed declaration from them saying the money is a gift so in the worst case scenario we are covered. However we feel that the sudden influx of money will raise questions (even if we have answers) and would rather avoid this if possible.

Any advice or info very welcome.

Thanks!!
I'm also in the same situation. In EE profile we declared 24k and now I would like to lower the amount to 22k, just because we want to pay the fees for PR with this money. For our family we need 18k.

On the one hand I think we can lower the amount as long as it doesn't affect the minimum cut-off of money needed for the family. But on the other I also don't want this situation to raise questions. Need some advice.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pat180715 said:
I'm also in the same situation. In EE profile we declared 24k and now I would like to lower the amount to 22k, just because we want to pay the fees for PR with this money. For our family we need 18k.

On the one hand I think we can lower the amount as long as it doesn't affect the minimum cut-off of money needed for the family. But on the other I also don't want this situation to raise questions. Need some advice.
You're fine as long as you meet the minimum funds required, that's all IRCC cares about.