Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 05,2013
AOR Received.
Jun. 2013 (A.i.p Rec.) May21 2014
:)Hi all! Hope we get a chance to meet other Jamaican Nannies here! Stay bless n be positive.

kemoya22

Jun 11, 2011
wow its so good to see this post i harldly ever meet any jamaican nannies here. plese lets keep in touch.....

A

angelnic19

Thx 4 responding guys. This is breath of fresh air. Positive suppport is the key to upward mobility. Will definately keep intouch. C u guys online soon. I'm not being allowed to post personal messages. I'm just learning way around to forum. Njoy ur wknd guys!

AZ100

Apr 29, 2012
Hello fello Jamaicans,

I was just wondering if anyone can help me with this questions:-

Has anyone ever applied to the caregiving program using experience as the qualifying criteria...I worked for my sister as a caregiver looking after her two kids back home...also how do you satisfy the VO that you were actually paid, if you were paid in cash?

Thanks a lot guys for your support!

A

angelnic19

@ AZ100, I worked 4 my brother n hs wife bk home. I attached a job letter from them along with my application, stating that I worked for them fulltime n my salary etc. I didn't send in any pay slips or anything like that but I had the letter certified by a JP. I also included their contact info. I sent this along w transcripts of my educational background. I hope this information is helpful and that you will b successful in your application.

A

angelnic19

@kemoya22 Please inbox me ur email address. I'm not able to reply to inbox u here. Thx

AZ100

Apr 29, 2012
Thanks a million angelnic19, I will go along the same path and hope for the best. Thanks again for your response :D

AZ100

Apr 29, 2012
Hello angelnic19,

Just wanted to ask you these:-

1. You said you got your letter certified by a JP, do you mean a " i certify that this is a true copy of the original" certification?

A

angelnic19

Hi Az100, by certified by a JP, I mean I got the letter notorized by a justice of the peace/notary public. I felt more comfortable doing that because it was a family member and I felt more confident that my letter was authenticated by someone in authority. That was not a requirement by CIC, I just felt more comfortable within myself to do it that way. However, remember that to use experience as a qualification for LIC, you have to have a minimum of two years, paid, full time employment. The best of luck on your application ok.