+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Jamaican Applicants - Intake 2017

KBBN

Aug 10, 2017
I am a Jamaican as well. I have applied myself. Application done online by my agent on July 13, 2017, I got biometrics request on July 14, 2017. Did biometrics on July 17, 2017. I haven't heard anything as yet from my agent so I am still waiting.

Aynat7867

Aug 6, 2017
I am a Jamaican as well. I have applied myself. Application done online by my agent on July 13, 2017, I got biometrics request on July 14, 2017. Did biometrics on July 17, 2017. I haven't heard anything as yet from my agent so I am still waiting.
Hopefully within the next two weeks you will hear something.. What agent did you use ??

Jadd

Star Member
Aug 3, 2017
I applied on June 18 and did bio-metrics on the 22nd of that same month. Still waiting for a reply

KBBN

Aug 10, 2017
Jadd how did u get to view ur application status online as I have no info where that is concern.

Jadd

Star Member
Aug 3, 2017
Jadd how did u get to view ur application status online as I have no info where that is concern.
Read carefully step number 8,9 and 10
  1. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/mycic.asp
    (2) Click on continue to Gckey
    (3) If You've already account created, login with your Username and Password otherwise Click on Sign up to go on next page and create your username, password and security questions.
    (4) After creating my CIC account, click link application to this account.
    (5) Then select category as Temporary residence and subcategory as Study Permit and extension.
    (6) Then select Family name, given name and date of birth option.
    (7) Fill your family name(surname), given name and date of birth as per Passport or Application form.
    (8.) Next in applicant personal info panel fill Passport information only and DO NOT FILL CITY AND COUNTRY OF BIRTH.
    (9) Enter your course start date given on your offer letter exact same as that.
    (10) Enter course end date as on offer letter only month and year is given so enter that only don't select the date.

(11) Enter your DLI no. same as given on the offer letter.(Google it by "institute name DLI Number" and then copy and paste it, don't type it there.
    (12) Next search for your application.
    (13) Your application will be found and can be linked.
    (14) You can get real time updates on your paper application online.

Try this and link your file online, after that you would be able to get updates.

KBBN

Aug 10, 2017
Read carefully step number 8,9 and 10
  1. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/mycic.asp
    (2) Click on continue to Gckey
    (3) If You've already account created, login with your Username and Password otherwise Click on Sign up to go on next page and create your username, password and security questions.
    (4) After creating my CIC account, click link application to this account.
    (5) Then select category as Temporary residence and subcategory as Study Permit and extension.
    (6) Then select Family name, given name and date of birth option.
    (7) Fill your family name(surname), given name and date of birth as per Passport or Application form.
    (8.) Next in applicant personal info panel fill Passport information only and DO NOT FILL CITY AND COUNTRY OF BIRTH.
    (9) Enter your course start date given on your offer letter exact same as that.
    (10) Enter course end date as on offer letter only month and year is given so enter that only don't select the date.

(11) Enter your DLI no. same as given on the offer letter.(Google it by "institute name DLI Number" and then copy and paste it, don't type it there.
    (12) Next search for your application.
    (13) Your application will be found and can be linked.
    (14) You can get real time updates on your paper application online.

Try this and link your file online, after that you would be able to get updates.
Thanks much for this information. I didn't know that having done this my agent would not be able to get response re the application.