+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Jamaican Applicants - Intake 2017

Jadd

Star Member
Aug 3, 2017
I did apply on June 8. Got approved on July 29th. Applied by myself online no agents.
Hello, I appreciate your response. I applied on June 18, so I should be given a response by the 8 of this month then, hopefully. Have you received your visa?

Silva 110

Jun 25, 2017
Hello, I appreciate your response. I applied on June 18, so I should be given a response by the 8 of this month then, hopefully. Have you received your visa?
Approval email was the 27th at afford 2 pm. It came with a request letter to send in my passport.

I was asked to send in my passport i sent it in via courier on July 28. I got a call that it was ready for pickup; however, today is a holiday so I am collecting tomorrow.
Did they request a police certificate from you as yet?

Jadd

Star Member
Aug 3, 2017
Approval email was the 27th at afford 2 pm. It came with a request letter to send in my passport.

I was asked to send in my passport i sent it in via courier on July 28. I got a call that it was ready for pickup; however, today is a holiday so I am collecting tomorrow.
Did they request a police certificate from you as yet?
Sent that in from the first day

Silva 110

Jun 25, 2017
I think you should be good then. You will heard from this by end of this week. Whats your profile like?

Jadd

Star Member
Aug 3, 2017
I think you should be good then. You will heard from this by end of this week. Whats your profile like?
Application status > We are processing your application.
Review of eligibility > We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results > You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documents > The additional documents you provided are being reviewed.
Interview > You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics > Completed.
Background check > We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision > Your application is in progress.

jman25

Jul 27, 2017
Well yeah. Only that they say it's harder as compare to the other provinces
Each Province has their own specific systems for handling immigration though you have the Federal Express Entry route as well. The latter operates outside the provincial system. So yes if you have the requisite education and at least 1-year work experience in a skilled field, you may apply to Express Entry and be processed in 6 months or less.

The issue with Toronto's Provincial program for immigration is that from time to time certain streams i.e. (Intl students, FSW, PhD students) etc are paused for a couple months. This is due to the size of the population and the high volume of applications they receive on a daily basis. Other Provinces not as populated generally do not have to pause their programs. Express Entry, however, is ongoing.

Provincial programs have lengthier processing times (16+ months) while Express Entry (6 months or less)

You may apply to either when the time comes depending on the type of Job you manage to get...