+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IVF in India and Delivery in Canada

pilot747

Mar 9, 2015
Hello Members,

I do not know if this was discussed earlier.

Spouse and myself are PR since 2017. We are trying to have a baby since few years naturally but unfortunately IVF is the only option left.

1. What are the complications of doing IVF in India (parents with her to take care) and delivery in Canada? I understand that OHIP wouldn't cover for 90 days as she would have travelled outside the province.

2. How would this effect EI or maternity leave pay ? She is employed full time currently collecting CEWS.

Thank You for your time and reply.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello Members,

Spouse and myself are PR since 2017. We are trying to have a baby since few years naturally but unfortunately IVF is the only option left.

1. What are the complications of doing IVF in India (parents with her to take care) and delivery in Canada? I understand that OHIP wouldn't cover for 90 days as she would have travelled outside the province.

2. How would this effect EI or maternity leave pay ? She is employed full time currently collecting CEWS.

1. Currently the 90 days are waived but will return at some point. She would still need to reapply for OHIP if she hasn't met the residency period. You would both have to quarantine for 14 days and pay for hotel quarantine. Assume you are both compliant with your RO.
2. She would have to work 600 hours in the past year before delivery so she would need to return to canada and work throughout her pregnancy.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Hello Members,

In my very humble opinion, flying in the present pandemic for a non-critical medical procedure is risky at best.

That being said,
https://www.health.gov.on.ca/en/public/publications/ohip/short_absence.aspx

Ontario your primary place of residence.

To be eligible for ongoing OHIP coverage you must be an eligible resident of Ontario. This means that you must:

• be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or hold an OHIP-eligible immigration document; and
  • be physically present in Ontario for 153 days in any 12-month period; and
  • be physically present in Ontario for at least 153 days of the first 183 days immediately after establishing residency in the province; and
  • make your primary place of residence in Ontario.
I am not sure why she will not be covered? Do you plan her to stay outside Ontario for more than 200+ days? Thats 6+ months! How long IVF procedure takes?