Star Member
Jun 1, 2008
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
Hi,
I have not still got anything from CIC. I resubmitted my passport after my medical on the 13th of june and today is approx 16 of june. It has been more than a month and I have not recieved any kind of notification from CIC. On the site thy have mentioned that it takes about 28 days to process 54% of the cases.

1- I want to ask that do they mean 28 working days or in general 28 days i.e 4 weeks in total?????
2- I also want to ask that does this time start from the first time I submitted my application or from the date I resubmitted my passport after medical?????
3- Is there any way to inquire from CIC about the status of my application???

Replies will be appreciated cause I am getting a little bit worried now.

farhan_83

Star Member
May 29, 2008
Re: Its ben too long!!!! Help needed

hmm i also submitted my passport after medical on the same date i got interview call from them after 10 dayz... may be they wont call u for interview just wait they will send u a visa InsAllah dont u worry.....

lahorimunda

Star Member
Jun 1, 2008
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London

OK. Thanks.
1- How was your interview and did u get a visa or not????? I Hope that you got it. Can you please share some of the interview questions which they asked from you and what was the attitude of the interviewer?
2- Did you submit your passport at the lahore fed ex office.
3- How did you get the interview call? through fed-ex, postal mail or email?????

I hope that what you are say is true. I am waiting and also getting worried that its more than the stated time by CIC.

farhan_83

Star Member
May 29, 2008

my interview is on 24th july.... they send me through TCS in karachi.... they havnt called u for an interview and i think they wont cuz it already too late... if ur semester is starting from sept ... be patient they take some time .... Good Luck...

lahorimunda

Star Member
Jun 1, 2008
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London

I also mentioned my email adress when filling the application. Is it possible that they send me some thing via email because it is mentioned in the form that if I supply an email adres then all correspondence will be done via email and not via post. Has anyone of you been contatcted via email or not. Is there any way to find out something about the application from CIC like can we email them or call the to find out about the application.

farhan_83

Star Member
May 29, 2008

y u r so panic... just relax... where u put the email address.... in front of where they ask email... they usually post it.... its better u wait till 25 july then email them or call them .....

hussain402

Jul 20, 2008

mmm I dont know why they are taking so long but i just want to ask something?

Do they interview every applicant? or they just pick randomly ?

lahorimunda

Star Member
Jun 1, 2008
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London

Ok thx. I will wait till 25 and then I will email them about it.

As far as interview is concerned I think that they call those ppl for interview from whose documents they are not satisfied and they want to meet them personally and clearify the things that are in doubt.

hussain402

Jul 20, 2008
lahori i dont know why they are taking so much time with ur application. its mean that people who file their application in july or mid july have very narrow chance of getting visa or intrview call before september.

lahorimunda

Star Member
Jun 1, 2008
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
Thank you all for your replies. I would like to inform you that today I got my Visa But they only gave me a year's visa although my study program is of two years. Anyways thanks to Allah that I got the visa and thank you all you guys and particularly farhan_83 for your replies which kept me calm.

P.S. Farhan_83 my name is also Farhan by the way.

hussain402

Jul 20, 2008
wow great lahori glad to hear so they didnt call u for interview:) and how many days they took b4 issuing ur visa man i applied on 20t jul and i think i have narrow chances of getting visa b4 september what u say? and which uni u going to?

and yeah what they check in medical test? blood test and what else?

regards,

farhan_83

Star Member
May 29, 2008
ohh very good lahori .... nice to hear :) ... what ever yaar u got the visa thts the good thing ...

and u welcome bro...

and yes i have done with my interview today ... man she really fired loads of question on me but Allah ka shuker i belive i did well... she said tht they will send it my result after few dayz....

Please brothers pray for me :)...

Allah Hafiz.

lahorimunda

Star Member
Jun 1, 2008
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
Yeh Farhan be positive like you asked me to keep calm. I hope and pray that you get your visa. Where did you get admission.

Hussain they took exactly 28 working days in processing my visa. I do not exactly know that why they did not called me for interview. I think its because I sent all my documents and all of them were attested by the foreign ministry even though they do not ask for attestation and I think scholarship also played a vital role. If submitted my documents and passport on the 2nd of june and then they sent me tha passport back for medical ehich I resubmitted after medical on the 13th of june and I got the visa on 24th of july. So you can do the calculation yourself. And best of luck from my side to you for visa. I got admission in university of Alberta.

farhan_83

Star Member
May 29, 2008
yeah InshAllah :) .. i am going to Uni of Regina for masters...its on them to whom they call... but i think they divided their process like they call some ppl for an interview and kept their file a side till the interview and look to other files ... something like tht newayz ... Good luck buddy and keep praying for me :) ..

Thank You :)