+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Italy translations

Sunny6y6

Mar 18, 2010
Hi there, I'm sponsoring my common law partner and I have some confusion regarding what exactly needs to be translated. According to the website, everthing not in English or French. This means my pay stubs, letters from family and friends, identity card, rental contract, residency document ect.

1. If I use a translator listed on the embassy website for Italy do they need the affidavit because no one seems to do that here Italy?
2. If I have 9 busta paga (paystubs) can I just have 1 translated or do i have to translate them all?
3. Can all the translations be certified as a package instead of paying an arm and a leg to have each seperately certified in court? Is this the procura or that something seperate? When I recieved an estimate it was for translation, court certification, procura, marca di bolla.
4. Must I then send them all to the Rome Embassy to be authenticated before I can send in my application?

I really hope some other Canadians can shed some light on this. I haven't been able to get in touch with the embassy. They don't respond to my emails and the embassy isn't anywhere near me.

Thanks in advance for any info you may have:)

LilithCanada

Oct 22, 2017
Ontario Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
I take it you are both currently in Italy? I am Canadian (live in Canada) sponsoring my Italian husband (living in Italy). We also know the translations in Italy are very expensive. We had them all done here in Canada. You have to use a ATIO Certified Translator. Email the Italian consulate in Canada and they will provide a up to date list. All non English documents must be translated. They are all then stamped by the translator authentic. Because I live here I did not have to provide translated copies of paystubs. Mine are in English. Maybe someone else could provide that answer.

Reactions: Sunny6y6

Sunny6y6

Mar 18, 2010
I take it you are both currently in Italy? I am Canadian (live in Canada) sponsoring my Italian husband (living in Italy). We also know the translations in Italy are very expensive. We had them all done here in Canada. You have to use a ATIO Certified Translator. Email the Italian consulate in Canada and they will provide a up to date list. All non English documents must be translated. They are all then stamped by the translator authentic. Because I live here I did not have to provide translated copies of paystubs. Mine are in English. Maybe someone else could provide that answer.
Hi Lilith, thanks for your response. Yes we both live here. I've tried emailing the embassy several times to no avail but I did get the translator information from the Rome Embassy website so I hope it's current! In any case I'll try emailing the one in Canada, I can't believe I didn't think of that:)

JulianaAndrew

Feb 14, 2017
Colombia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Bogota
App. Filed.......
26-07-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A and PCC: 01-09-2017
AOR Received.
AOR1: 01-09-2017, AOR2: 19-09-2017
File Transfer...
15-09-2017
Med's Request
02-01-2018
Med's Done....
23-01-2018
Interview........
06-12-2017 - Passed
Passport Req..
06-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2018
LANDED..........
10-03-2018
Hi there. Only official documents (government kind of document) need to be translated by a certified translator. The rest you can translate them yourself.

Sunny6y6

Mar 18, 2010
Hi Julie, thanks for your reply. I read that all documents that are not in English or French needs to be translated and certified. Where did you find out this info? Is it on the government website?

JulianaAndrew

Feb 14, 2017
Colombia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Bogota
App. Filed.......
26-07-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A and PCC: 01-09-2017
AOR Received.
AOR1: 01-09-2017, AOR2: 19-09-2017
File Transfer...
15-09-2017
Med's Request
02-01-2018
Med's Done....
23-01-2018
Interview........
06-12-2017 - Passed
Passport Req..
06-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2018
LANDED..........
10-03-2018
Hi Julie, thanks for your reply. I read that all documents that are not in English or French needs to be translated and certified. Where did you find out this info? Is it on the government website?
Hi. They don't spell it out, but that's the way it is. You can ask anyone in this forum who is a bit experienced in the process, they will all confirm this. The paystubs you are talking about, for example, can be translated by yourself. I have submitted documents that were not issued by the government which I translated myself and it was okay. If you have conversations that need translation, another example, you can translate those yourself.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Official documents, i.e. birth certificates, marriage ceritifcates, PCCs, must be formally translated. Everything else can be translated by you.

Given that you are applying as common-law, I would have the main page of the rental/lease agreement with names and dates formally translated.

Sunny6y6

Mar 18, 2010
Official documents, i.e. birth certificates, marriage ceritifcates, PCCs, must be formally translated. Everything else can be translated by you.

Given that you are applying as common-law, I would have the main page of the rental/lease agreement with names and dates formally translated.
Thank you for your response although I probably won't translate myself. The paystubs are not simple, full of terms I don't know. Do you happen to know if I can certify the documents together in a package or do I have to individually certify them?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thank you for your response although I probably won't translate myself. The paystubs are not simple, full of terms I don't know. Do you happen to know if I can certify the documents together in a package or do I have to individually certify them?
Is your husband not Italian? Or do you have any friends there who could translate them?

Not sure what you mean about certifying as a package.

LilithCanada

Oct 22, 2017
Ontario Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Each separate official document needs to be stamped by a certified translator. This is usually included in their translation fee. We paid $60 Canadian total here in Canada for the translation of his birth certificate, family booklet and national id. Hope this helps

Sunny6y6

Mar 18, 2010
Each separate official document needs to be stamped by a certified translator. This is usually included in their translation fee. We paid $60 Canadian total here in Canada for the translation of his birth certificate, family booklet and national id. Hope this helps
Thanks! So every page needs to be seperately certified. I'm thinking it might be cheaper to send everything to Canada to be translated.

Sunny6y6

Mar 18, 2010
Is your husband not Italian? Or do you have any friends there who could translate them?

Not sure what you mean about certifying as a package.
Yes he's Italian, I could probably do it myself if I can find the time.
Here in Italy after the documents have been translated, they then go to the courts to be certified. This can be done as a package (I. E. If I have 12 documents they list them and certify on one page) or each page can be seperately certified. Obviously option 1 is way cheaper so I was just wondering if that would be acceptable.