+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ITA vs DOB.. confused plz help

Amit Marwaha

Star Member
Sep 13, 2018
Hi,
Could anyone answer my query,
I have just started for process of EE means at language test phase..I have to do my WES then.
My birthday is on 2 nd March 2019. Which would cause reductuon of my points further.
If I got my IELTS this time I have my result with me in mid December positively.
If everything went well I would have my Wes by then (considering 2 months timeframe for Wes)
So if I enter the pool by Jan 19. Is that would be fine to be considered with current age.

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
if you receive an ITA before 2nd march and submit your eAPR after 2nd march then point reduction due to age will not lead to rejection.
if you dont receive an ITA before 2nd march then points will be reduced automatically and you may or may not get an ITA after your birthday depending on your reduced score.

sam3218

Champion Member
Jan 25, 2013
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-07-2018
AOR Received.
07-07-2018
Passport Req..
06-11-2018
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2018
Age gets locked at ITA

Reactions: pizzaboy99

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
popular misconception. age does not get locked at ITA. points do decrease but the officers are advised not to reject if points decrease due to birthday after ITA.
Yes if points reduce because of age change, analyst will tag the eligibility as review required and Visa officers have discretion to approve such applications. I'm yet to see a case where an application was denied though for this. But, processing may take a little longer.

dodogirl

Mar 30, 2018
Yes if points reduce because of age change, analyst will tag the eligibility as review required and Visa officers have discretion to approve such applications. I'm yet to see a case where an application was denied though for this. But, processing may take a little longer.
How about birthdays after AOR?

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
i think ive seen a case like this in the montreal thread.

pizzaboy99

Apr 3, 2018
There is no discretion applicable in this case. IRCC website is clear, age at ITA only is to be considered.

Please don't mislead and create unneccesary tension.

Reactions: Amit Marwaha

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018

g90

Sep 26, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi

I was thinking that age doesn’t matter after ITA, but now I am reading here that points do decrease after ITA and can cause delays and review required???:eek::eek::eek:

I mean I have my birthday coming in early December and I’m still waiting for my ECA. In no way I can submit my e-APR before my birthday and does that mean my points will decrease after ITA, if I get one.
And will get review required and DELAYS!!!
:eek::eek::eek:

Oh come on guys, now what’s all this!!!!
Please clarify. You guys have given me quite a HEART ACHE!!!

DelPiero07, cansha, navinball please clarify. I mean you’re senior guys here. So please clarify.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hi

I was thinking that age doesn’t matter after ITA, but now I am reading here that points do decrease after ITA and can cause delays and review required???:eek::eek::eek:

I mean I have my birthday coming in early December and I’m still waiting for my ECA. In no way I can submit my e-APR before my birthday and does that mean my points will decrease after ITA, if I get one.

DelPiero07, cansha, navinball please clarify. I mean you’re senior guys here. So please clarify.
You don't have to worry about that. your application won't be denied. And the point is if possible try to submit your application before next birthday. In any case your application won't be denied if you get ITA.

Reactions: g90

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
Hi

ive seen gcms notes where the program assistant notes that there was a change in age from ita to eapr and tags it for review. eventually the case will get approved as officers are supposed to ignore the age change. but the review might add to the delay.

Reactions: g90 and cansha

pizzaboy99

Apr 3, 2018
https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/I-2.5/section-11.2.html?wbdisable=false <--- Official immigration law

"Despite subsection (1), an officer may issue the visa or other document

...the foreign national did not meet the criteria set out in an instruction given under paragraph 10.3(1)(e) — or did not have the qualifications on the basis of which they were ranked under an instruction given under paragraph 10.3(1)(h) — because the applicant’s birthday occurred after the invitation was issued..."

Not sure where you got this "discretion" thing.

Reactions: mt103plus