+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ITA right after PNP application

gadoken

Star Member
Jun 20, 2015
So less than a month ago, I submitted my OINP application and paid the $1500 and yesterday got an ITA without needing it. Is there anyway I can get it refunded? lol

evoboy2016

Star Member
Jun 3, 2015
DUBAI
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
NOC Code......
If you havent received your AOR, you can definitely send an email to ontarionominee@ontario.ca and expressentry@ontario.ca with all your details and cancel your application. They will definitely send you a refund.

In case you have already received your AOR, it means they have started processing your file and you wont recieve a refund.

gadoken

Star Member
Jun 20, 2015
Just a question, it makes sense for me to do this right? I doubt the provincial nomination will help me with anything if I already got an ITA.

evoboy2016

Star Member
Jun 3, 2015
DUBAI
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Absolutely! In fact, you SHOULD withdraw the nomination, because :

1. Freedom to settle in any province if u go without nomination.
2. Waste of CAD1500
3. You already got your ITA which is the point of applying for a PNP nomination in the first place ( to get that 600 points)

gadoken

Star Member
Jun 20, 2015
evoboy2016 said:
Absolutely! In fact, you SHOULD withdraw the nomination, because :

1. Freedom to settle in any province if u go without nomination.
2. Waste of CAD1500
3. You already got your ITA which is the point of applying for a PNP nomination in the first place ( to get that 600 points)
Thanks! Hopefully they'll also give me back my application since I can use it for my PR application haha (I told them I can come pick it up since I live very close to the OINP office)

Rocky127

May 18, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Meanwhile, you can get your draft cancelled too ( Send email letting them know you got ITA), ask them to

1.Cancel your application
2.And you getting draft cancelled

Just remember you should do this only before AOR.

gadoken

Star Member
Jun 20, 2015
Rocky127 said:
Meanwhile, you can get your draft cancelled too ( Send email letting them know you got ITA), ask them to

1.Cancel your application
2.And you getting draft cancelled

Just remember you should do this only before AOR.
They already sent me an email telling me that they've received my application and checked it for completeness like 2 days after I submitted it lol. Did I miss my chance?

gadoken

Star Member
Jun 20, 2015
Oh my god they already nominated me before I even received my ITA (I was out of the country so I wasn't aware)... How is that even possible lol

They took ~9 months to process my company's application, and less than 2 weeks for mine. Is that usually how it goes?

Edit: Speaking of which, do I now have to answer "yes" to the question "have you been nominated" in my express entry profile even though this nomination doesn't let you apply for express entry?