+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ITA Rejected because of Police Certificate

danishriz

Aug 13, 2017
Hi,

My ITA application got recently rejected because my wife's police certificate was not complete according to them. I live in Dubai and I am from Pakistan and I got the police certificate made for my wife from Karachi mentioning the dates from 2013 till date. This covers her time spent in Pakistan after we got married. However, prior to this she was living from 1996 till 2013 at a different address with her parents.

They have basically raised an objection saying that the police certificate does not cover the full period of time spent in Pakistan.

Does this mean that we have to mention all the addresses on the police certificate or make multiple certificates depending on the addresses? Has anyone else faced this problem before?

jesuscares

Jun 11, 2012
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-08-2017
AOR Received.
10-08-2017
Med's Done....
10-08-2017
Passport Req..
20-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
14-11-2017
LANDED..........
23-11-2017
Does your wife live in Dubai as well?

jesuscares

Jun 11, 2012
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-08-2017
AOR Received.
10-08-2017
Med's Done....
10-08-2017
Passport Req..
20-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
14-11-2017
LANDED..........
23-11-2017
Was a police certificate obtained for her stay in Dubai that is if she has been there for more than 6 months?

danishriz

Aug 13, 2017
Was a police certificate obtained for her stay in Dubai that is if she has been there for more than 6 months?
yes Dubai police certificate was not the problem. They have specifically mentioned that pakistan police certificate was the problem

jesuscares

Jun 11, 2012
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-08-2017
AOR Received.
10-08-2017
Med's Done....
10-08-2017
Passport Req..
20-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
14-11-2017
LANDED..........
23-11-2017
yes Dubai police certificate was not the problem. They have specifically mentioned that pakistan police certificate was the problem
Ok. I had a chance to look at a few examples of the Pakistan police certificate online. It seems that they do stress upon the various addresses where the individual lived in the country. Therefore you will need to get multiple certificates for the two addresses. Unlike countries like the United States which have a centralized database where they can easily pull your record based on a social security number, Pakistan does not have this system in place as yet. Therefore even if you had lived at multiple addresses in the United States the one certificate would suffice since the social security number for the individual would be easily trackable across the different addresses or states that were lived in.

Last edited:

ukahmad1

Jul 2, 2017
Ok. I had a chance to look at a few examples of the Pakistan police certificate online. It seems that they do stress upon the various addresses where the individual lived in the country. Therefore you will need to get multiple certificates for the two addresses. Unlike countries like the United States which have a centralized database where they can easily pull your record based on a social security number, Pakistan does not have this system in place as yet. Therefore even if you had lived at multiple addresses in the United States the one certificate would suffice since the social security number for the individual would be easily trackable across the different addresses or states that were lived in.
1. When did she turn 18 years old? The certificate needs to be from 18th Birthday onwards. Did her certificate cover that period?

2. Did you mention any other address for her in the address history?

danishriz

Aug 13, 2017
no her certificate did not cover that period. her certificate only covered the period when she got married to me. and yes i did mention other addresses in her address history

pakimom

Aug 5, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2017
The certificate needs to be from AGE 18 onwards. Its not about the addresses if the city she stayed in is the same. If its different cities then yes she needs multiple PCC - otherwise 1 is fine.

fahdi81

Aug 13, 2017
Hi,

My ITA application got recently rejected because my wife's police certificate was not complete according to them. I live in Dubai and I am from Pakistan and I got the police certificate made for my wife from Karachi mentioning the dates from 2013 till date. This covers her time spent in Pakistan after we got married. However, prior to this she was living from 1996 till 2013 at a different address with her parents.

They have basically raised an objection saying that the police certificate does not cover the full period of time spent in Pakistan.

Does this mean that we have to mention all the addresses on the police certificate or make multiple certificates depending on the addresses? Has anyone else faced this problem before?
at what stage your police certificate was rejected? I have the same issue but application still not rejected . Should i get the new certificate ?

Fahadkazmi

May 28, 2018
at what stage your police certificate was rejected? I have the same issue but application still not rejected . Should i get the new certificate ?
Hi, how did it go then? Did you get the approval?
I am stuck in similar situation, so need your guidance. Thanks!

Fahadkazmi

May 28, 2018
no her certificate did not cover that period. her certificate only covered the period when she got married to me. and yes i did mention other addresses in her address history
Did she live in different cities of Pakistan or only one city throughout?