+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ITA received. What's the waiting period after this?

CenthaRaj

May 28, 2015
Have recieved and sent replies for ITA and payment for visa and landing as well. Do any one know how long I have to wait till they call me back

jpv2212

Jan 30, 2015
Category........
FSW
Have recieved and sent replies for ITA and payment for visa and landing as well. Do any one know how long I have to wait till they call me back
Hi,
6 months is the average time for processing around 80% cases that IRCC receives, but it's highly dependant on the stream of applicant, e.g. CEC (fastest), FSW (Medium) or PNP (slowest) as of now. Also it highly depends on individual cases whether or not IRCC wants to know any extra info from the applicant.

The 6 months processing time starts when you submit your full app with all the docs & fees, and receive your AOR (Acknowledgement of Receipt).

Considering your case, it seems you are an FSW Outland applicant. you should expect at least 6 months to have final decision on your file and receive visa. Anything less than 6 months will be your bonus.

Reactions: ray_18

ray_18

May 1, 2017
kindly can you tell how much fee did you pay in total ? Are you applying single or with family ?

jpv2212

Jan 30, 2015
Category........
FSW
kindly can you tell how much fee did you pay in total ? Are you applying single or with family ?
Visa fee is CAD 550 Per applicant

RPRF is CAD 490 per applicant.

If you are applying as a single applicant then total 550 + 490 = CAD 1040

If 2 members then CAD 2080

It's total that IRCC asks to pay

SidhuZ

Star Member
Dec 8, 2016
GTA
Visa Office......
SCR
App. Filed.......
24/04/2023
AOR Received.
06/06/2023
Visa fee is CAD 550 Per applicant

RPRF is CAD 490 per applicant.

If you are applying as a single applicant then total 550 + 490 = CAD 1040

If 2 members then CAD 2080

It's total that IRCC asks to pay
If you have accompanying minor children, fee amount will vary. Check IRCC website for details

Reactions: jpv2212

_Harry_

Sep 29, 2016
One confusion -

As per my knowledge, the once the PR application is processed, the time and duration to land depends on your medical certificate date of expiry viz: 1 year from the date it was conducted.
Now lets say, I got ITA in Jan. This means I have to submit all the document by March. Now If I get my MC done in Feb 1, it is valid till Jan end of next year.

Now lets say I submit the document in March and CIC took 10 months to process my application instead of 6.
So Once I get my PR, it is already December. Does it mean, I am given only 1 month to land and make all preparations to migrate to Canada?

Just curious because most of EE applicant are working here and have some sort of notice period that they have to serve before quitting your job.
In my case it is minimum 3 months. So If I get my confirmation late then how can I quit my job and serve the notice period if the time is not sufficient?

Is there anything CIC can help us with or we can do in such scenario?

Nian427

Star Member
May 14, 2015
India
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
16-05-2017
AOR Received.
14-08-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
11-09-2017
Passport Req..
08-01-2018
One confusion -

As per my knowledge, the once the PR application is processed, the time and duration to land depends on your medical certificate date of expiry viz: 1 year from the date it was conducted.
Now lets say, I got ITA in Jan. This means I have to submit all the document by March. Now If I get my MC done in Feb 1, it is valid till Jan end of next year.

Now lets say I submit the document in March and CIC took 10 months to process my application instead of 6.
So Once I get my PR, it is already December. Does it mean, I am given only 1 month to land and make all preparations to migrate to Canada?

Just curious because most of EE applicant are working here and have some sort of notice period that they have to serve before quitting your job.
In my case it is minimum 3 months. So If I get my confirmation late then how can I quit my job and serve the notice period if the time is not sufficient?

You will have to re do your medicals.

_Harry_

Sep 29, 2016
You will have to re do your medicals.
Will I get extension to land in Canada if I redo my medicals?
How will I communicate this with CIC that I need extension and am willing to redo my medical?
The thing is here I have not surpassed the 1 year of the medical validity. As per CIC I still have 1 month to land in Canada.
The extension is because I will not be able to leave my job before 3 months.

jpv2212

Jan 30, 2015
Category........
FSW
One confusion -

Hey
You might get answer to your question in here, perhaps..

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/those-who-waiting-express-entry-in-six-months-and-not-finalized.317706/

rickyhanzhang

Star Member
May 13, 2017
Anyone knows what's the percentage of people getting rejected after they obtain an ITA? Someone told me that as long as you provide correct and true documents, you are almost certainly able to get the PR.

jpv2212

Jan 30, 2015
Category........
FSW
Anyone knows what's the percentage of people getting rejected after they obtain an ITA? Someone told me that as long as you provide correct and true documents, you are almost certainly able to get the PR.
No one can say for sure the percentage of rejection.
But yes if all the info is legitimate and truthful and all the mandatory & supporting docs are attached with required criteria, then there's no reason that IRCC will reject the application.

They are not brutal guys.. They are professionals working their duties very well.

rickyhanzhang

Star Member
May 13, 2017
No one can say for sure the percentage of rejection.
But yes if all the info is legitimate and truthful and all the mandatory & supporting docs are attached with required criteria, then there's no reason that IRCC will reject the application.

They are not brutal guys.. They are professionals working their duties very well.
I am kind of worried about the NOC thing. My job isn't one of those that can find accurate match in NOC list. Would this be a problem? I heard that they are pretty flexible in Express Entry (unlike in provincial nomination programs, where they tend to be very particular about the job category).

Thanks so much for the opinion.