+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ITA Received but Mistake in Education Section in EE profile

sthasunil

Jun 8, 2016
Hi guys,

I have got my ITA. But I recently realized that I have made a mistake while filling the Education relate form in EE profile. My education was not in Canada but I have my ECA done for all my credentials: Masters and Bachelors.

But, by mistake I selected "Yes" for this question -> "Was Sunil Shrestha awarded a Canadian degree, diploma or certificate for this period of study?" So, it didn't ask for ECA details. Later, when I was looking to submit my application, and saw in forum that ECA no is already provided in EE profile. But, I have not entered any ECA no, so I rechecked the EE profile and I found my mistake.

What should I do now? Should I proceed to apply or should I reject the invitation and correct the EE profile?

Your suggestions will be very helpful. Thanks!!

Reactions: mike_07

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can make the change and explain your mistake in a LOE, just make sure your score does not go below the cutoff score because of this change. For example, if you claimed the extra points awarded to Canadian students (15 or 30) and it puts you below the cutoff score.

Cheers :)

Reactions: Jakev

sthasunil

Jun 8, 2016
I have CRS score of 476. And it does not include points given to Canadian students. In all other areas, I have selected appropriate option. But, due to my silly mistake, I thought after getting ECA its equivalent to Canadian degree, so I chose Yes to that option. But, later I realised that I should have chosen No, and fields for details for ECA report appears.

I am in dilemma, whether to proceed or reject the invitation. If I explain it on LOE, but CIC decides to reject then my application fee and lot of time would be wasted. But, if I reject the invitation and correct my profile, I might get ITA in next draw. Really confused here, what to do? Please suggest.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Then this is of no concern. Make the change and explain it in a LOE.

You will not be rejected as your score will remain the same.

sthasunil

Jun 8, 2016
I have already done my medicals. If I reject my ITA, can I reuse my medical examination later for another ITA?

Other invaluable members of this forum like Asivad Anac, jes_ON.. Any suggestions on my situation???

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
If you reject you have to start all over again, creating a new profile.

There's no reason to reject though and if you explain the reasons as you have here in your LOE there's no reason to panic. You didn't gain anything by this mistake (points) so when the officer recaluclates your changes it won't affect the scoring.

The worst that could happen here is that the officer rejects the application, in which case you will be in the same situation as if you were to reject the ITA, so you may as well submit it.

Best of luck!

sthasunil

Jun 8, 2016
From the forum, I am in belief that if I decline invitation, then I don't have to re-create EE profile and I can simply use the same EE profile with updates for future draws. But, if we don't take any action and the deadline to apply (60 days) is over, then only the account will be deactivated, so we have to re-create EE profile. Similar thing is also mentioned in letter of invitation.

nrc1978

Sep 10, 2014
sthasunil said:
From the forum, I am in belief that if I decline invitation, then I don't have to re-create EE profile and I can simply use the same EE profile with updates for future draws. But, if we don't take any action and the deadline to apply (60 days) is over, then only the account will be deactivated, so we have to re-create EE profile. Similar thing is also mentioned in letter of invitation.
Hi,

You are correct. Declining the invitation do not need you to re create the EE profile. If you are confident about your current CRS score to get picked up in the next draw..then simply decline the invitation and wait for the next draw. If not go ahead and submit the document and provide the LOE informing the mistake and specify about No change in CRS score. About medicals...if you decide to decline ITA then better to get medicals once more if not you can use the same.

All the best.

Ravi

sthasunil

Jun 8, 2016
Thank you all of you guys for your help.

I have decided to go forward with the application with LOE explaining my mistake. I hope everything's going to be ok.

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
sthasunil said:
Hi guys,

I have got my ITA. But I recently realized that I have made a mistake while filling the Education relate form in EE profile. My education was not in Canada but I have my ECA done for all my credentials: Masters and Bachelors.

But, by mistake I selected "Yes" for this question -> "Was Sunil Shrestha awarded a Canadian degree, diploma or certificate for this period of study?" So, it didn't ask for ECA details. Later, when I was looking to submit my application, and saw in forum that ECA no is already provided in EE profile. But, I have not entered any ECA no, so I rechecked the EE profile and I found my mistake.

What should I do now? Should I proceed to apply or should I reject the invitation and correct the EE profile?

Your suggestions will be very helpful. Thanks!!
Feel free to proceed with submitting your app. Another applicant made this mistake but he submitted his app along with LOE and he got PR visa.

ash9112002

Dec 9, 2016
Hi guys,
I have received an ITA
I have a query where to upload eca report and ielts while filling the application.

nikhil.bhatia

Oct 12, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2016
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
24-11-2016
IELTS Request
O-8 (L-9, R-8, S-7, W-7)
File Transfer...
24-11-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
10-11-2016
Interview........
N.A.
Passport Req..
17-02-17
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2017
LANDED..........
06-03-2017
ash9112002 said:
Hi guys,
I have received an ITA
I have a query where to upload eca report and ielts while filling the application.
There is no separate place to upload these documents, so you can upload along with the educational documents or don't upload them at all. All IRCC needs is you WES and TRF number.

ssagariya

Aug 26, 2017
Thank you all of you guys for your help.

I have decided to go forward with the application with LOE explaining my mistake. I hope everything's going to be ok.
Hi
I am in the same situation please let me know how did you proceed? Did you received PR ? Please help me. i have to submit profile in 2 days