+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ITA for OINP May EOI Comrades

tumblewit

Jun 3, 2021
India
Category........
FSW
Hi, when does the tracker get updated with biometrics after it's done? GCKey is updated but not the tracker.
GC key updated for me immediately I came back from biometrics 2 hours ago. I am guessing it's because it is 'attached' now to the profile. Tracker most likely is for when those fingerprints are run in the system. Could be same day or next day.

Desiree06

Star Member
Jul 10, 2023
Hello Guys! Was coming across so many videos and posts in social media saying the cost of living are sky high and job opportunities are very low. It has started to sink in since we are just one step away from confirmation of PR (PPR request)

So people in this thread that are already in Canada, what is the situation there? Can anyone roughly give an monthly estimate (including rent) for a single person? I am open to shared accommodations as well.

Also, how is the job market for IT now? I have 7+ years of experience and I consider myself as a skilled person. How long would it take me to get a job?
I've been living in Toronto for the past 2 years. (my husband and I are on work permits. I came as a student then switched to a worker after school and he had an open work permit through me). The IT jobs are here yes. I don't want to be the bearer of bad news, BUT!!!! You really need to network very well to get into a good-paying IT Job. So whether you have friends here already working in the field, you go on LinkedIn and try to reach out to people at IT companies and connect with them, join some IT volunteer organizations, or join IT communities. Otherwise, it will be hard to get a job as you get here, especially if you don't have Canadian work experience. Some people it can take an entire year or more to find a good paying IT job. Some are lucky and find a job within a few months. My husband had a network here when we landed so he walked into a job and then with that Canadian experience, found an even better job at a major Bank.

Food costs have soared, and don't seem to be going down anytime soon. But I suspect that issue is a global issue, not necessarily an Ontario issue.

Rent-wise, if you want somewhere that isn't a mold-infested basement with zero natural light, you may be looking at around $2000 a month for rent (maybe utilities such as heat and water might be included if you're lucky). The housing market is really bad right now, so if you're looking to purchase, a 1 bedroom apartment could cost anywhere between $900,000 CAD to $1,000,000 CAD. To find more affordable housing, people opt to either rent or purchase in cities outside of Toronto such as Scarborough, Ajax, Pickering, Whitby, Oshawa, Brampton, Hamilton, Etobicoke, and Newmarket. But because so many people have been rushing to these other places, of course, the prices have now started to increase in these other cities as well, so they are almost rivaling Toronto, but is still a bit cheaper.

The weather, winters in the Toronto/GTA tend to be milder and "warmer" than further up northern Toronto. But it still gets pretty cold, especially in January/February ( ranges between -10C and -30C), with a decent amount of snow.

The benefits of being here are definitely that people are generally nice and polite and helpful, the air is so clean and nice, generally quite safe, nice place to raise a family, and enjoying the perks of the free healthcare, the diversity (especially in Toronto) is great, and lots of fun things to do in each season.

Basically, don't come here with the expectation that just because you are skilled, you are definitely going to find your dream job within 3 months of landing here or things will slip into place. It WILL be a struggle in the first year. But if you come with these expectations and just work hard and have a plan, things will work out. And in the second year, things start to get better. There has been an increasingly negative sentiment here towards us immigrants within the past year, and even worse now with the whole Canada vs India debacle, the tension between Israel/Palestine/Gaza region, and also with the housing crisis occurring now. So just keep that in mind and make sure to network and find other immigrants to bind with and stick together, whether they are from your home country or not. It's rough, but it will be okay. There are some pretty nice Canadian citizens here who will always be willing to help, but there are also others who have a sense of "fake niceness" here and those people will stab you in your back with a smile on their face.

Shadow09

Jul 16, 2021
I've been living in Toronto for the past 2 years. (my husband and I are on work permits. I came as a student then switched to a worker after school and he had an open work permit through me). The IT jobs are here yes. I don't want to be the bearer of bad news, BUT!!!! You really need to network very well to get into a good-paying IT Job. So whether you have friends here already working in the field, you go on LinkedIn and try to reach out to people at IT companies and connect with them, join some IT volunteer organizations, or join IT communities. Otherwise, it will be hard to get a job as you get here, especially if you don't have Canadian work experience. Some people it can take an entire year or more to find a good paying IT job. Some are lucky and find a job within a few months. My husband had a network here when we landed so he walked into a job and then with that Canadian experience, found an even better job at a major Bank.

Food costs have soared, and don't seem to be going down anytime soon. But I suspect that issue is a global issue, not necessarily an Ontario issue.

Rent-wise, if you want somewhere that isn't a mold-infested basement with zero natural light, you may be looking at around $2000 a month for rent (maybe utilities such as heat and water might be included if you're lucky). The housing market is really bad right now, so if you're looking to purchase, a 1 bedroom apartment could cost anywhere between $900,000 CAD to $1,000,000 CAD. To find more affordable housing, people opt to either rent or purchase in cities outside of Toronto such as Scarborough, Ajax, Pickering, Whitby, Oshawa, Brampton, Hamilton, Etobicoke, and Newmarket. But because so many people have been rushing to these other places, of course, the prices have now started to increase in these other cities as well, so they are almost rivaling Toronto, but is still a bit cheaper.

The weather, winters in the Toronto/GTA tend to be milder and "warmer" than further up northern Toronto. But it still gets pretty cold, especially in January/February ( ranges between -10C and -30C), with a decent amount of snow.

The benefits of being here are definitely that people are generally nice and polite and helpful, the air is so clean and nice, generally quite safe, nice place to raise a family, and enjoying the perks of the free healthcare, the diversity (especially in Toronto) is great, and lots of fun things to do in each season.

Basically, don't come here with the expectation that just because you are skilled, you are definitely going to find your dream job within 3 months of landing here or things will slip into place. It WILL be a struggle in the first year. But if you come with these expectations and just work hard and have a plan, things will work out. And in the second year, things start to get better. There has been an increasingly negative sentiment here towards us immigrants within the past year, and even worse now with the whole Canada vs India debacle, the tension between Israel/Palestine/Gaza region, and also with the housing crisis occurring now. So just keep that in mind and make sure to network and find other immigrants to bind with and stick together, whether they are from your home country or not. It's rough, but it will be okay. There are some pretty nice Canadian citizens here who will always be willing to help, but there are also others who have a sense of "fake niceness" here and those people will stab you in your back with a smile on their face.

Home country people also do the same - who have a sense of "fake niceness" here and those people will stab you in your back with a smile on their face. We very well know which country people do this the most.

Desiree06

Star Member
Jul 10, 2023
Home country people also do the same - who have a sense of "fake niceness" here and those people will stab you in your back with a smile on their face. We very well know which country people do this the most.
I'm actually not aware of which country people do that the most. My ignorance is bliss eh?

Reactions: tumblewit

Idontknowmuchh

Star Member
Aug 2, 2023
Hi guys, I have a question regarding upfron medical exams. I am currently waiting for an ITA, hopefully in the coming weeks. I did upfront medical exam late August, 2023. Would I be required to redo it after i get the ITA or can I submit my upfront medical exam? Thank you.

tumblewit

Jun 3, 2021
India
Category........
FSW
I don't think so but it will be valid only till August next year so if you get the visa, let's say, in May, you will have until August (or passport expiry) to move to Canada.
Yeah this. If you need more time on the COPR / visa you need to keep in mind your medicals. That being said my medicals were done on 9th and updated in the system for Canada on 18th. So They didn't say expiry as 8th. They said 18th October 2024. So You do get a bit more than your date but it will definitely not be November if it's done in august.

Reactions: Idontknowmuchh

rilyn14

Star Member
Jun 11, 2023
hello i am trying to book my medical appointment, they asked for IMEI number. where do i obtain that number ?

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
hello i am trying to book my medical appointment, they asked for IMEI number. where do i obtain that number ?
If this is upfront, you wont have it. If requested by IRCC, your medical request form would have it.

rilyn14

Star Member
Jun 11, 2023
If this is upfront, you wont have it. If requested by IRCC, your medical request form would have it.
from the looks of things without the IME Number i cannot make a medical appointment in my country. so i guess i will go ahead with everything except that one. i will submit a blank sheet

Owais Iqbal

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2014
from the looks of things without the IME Number i cannot make a medical appointment in my country. so i guess i will go ahead with everything except that one. i will submit a blank sheet
It's not mandatory to upload medical now. Instead of uploading a blank sheet, you can mention on the page that you were not able to request a medical appointment without IMEI number.

You can also try to book an appointment with ten zeroes 00-0000-0000 for the appointment and tell them it's upfront medicals. That's how I did it in the form. Which country are you booking medical in? If you are trying to book through email or online, it should let you.

anm2707

Jun 29, 2023
Hi Guys little bit confused about medical, I see upfront medical is not mandatory anymore and we can submit blank sheet but still I see lot of people going for it any particular reason? What is more beneficial or preferable?

Idontknowmuchh

Star Member
Aug 2, 2023
It's not mandatory to upload medical now. Instead of uploading a blank sheet, you can mention on the page that you were not able to request a medical appointment without IMEI number.

You can also try to book an appointment with ten zeroes 00-0000-0000 for the appointment and tell them it's upfront medicals. That's how I did it in the form. Which country are you booking medical in? If you are trying to book through email or online, it should let you.
I’m a little confused on the blank sheet part. When we are uploading documents, do they ask to upload medicals? And if we upload a blank page, will we be requested by email to go & do medicals at a later date?
Thank you in advance.