App. Filed.......
04/04/2016
AOR Received.
04/05/2016
Med's Done....
14/05/2016
Passport Req..
02/11/2016
Hi guys, i got my ITA today ;D, CSR 481 under CEC. So i am wondering the next for me would be to apply for police record checks in India and Canada. book my medical. and fill out that extensive history forms on the application. does anyone see the checklist on their profile, ic ant see the list of documents needed to upload? :-X

Fuzail

Star Member
Mar 23, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: ITA On April 06 2016, please join here

Your option to upload will appear once you finish the extensive check list ☺

papapsi

Feb 28, 2016
Accra
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Doc's Request.
13-04-2016
AOR Received.
16-04-2016
File Transfer...
16-04-2016
Med's Done....
13-04-2016
Passport Req..
16-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
01-07-2016
LANDED..........
29-08-2016

Congrats.

I'm under FSW and for now i'm just confirming my details. I'm guessing I'll see my checklist after that?

PepperAnn

Apr 6, 2016

I received the ITA today as well. I don't know whether we can prepare all the files within 60 days though. I haven't clicked continue to apply button yet. Can I decline the invitation after I initiate the application without submit the application?

GagamM

Star Member
Dec 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/04/2016
AOR Received.
04/05/2016
Med's Done....
14/05/2016
Passport Req..
02/11/2016

PepperAnn said:
I received the ITA today as well. I don't know whether we can prepare all the files within 60 days though. I haven't clicked continue to apply button yet. Can I decline the invitation after I initiate the application without submit the application?
Yeah you will see the option to decline even after you start working on the application. Can I ask why you want to decline?

GARJ

Mar 13, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Congrats everyone, I had never gotten an ITA before so I am doing things carefully. When it comes to travel history, If I have visited my country of origin, I don't have to input those details correct? What I understand is that only travel that's not canada or your country of origin country is to be added.

iphie28

Star Member
Apr 6, 2016

hi everyone, i also got an ITA but i'm a bit confused as to what the equivalent of my law degree is to CIC. it was assessed by WES but it just says canadian equivalent: Bachelors Degree (4years) Major/specialization: Law. then at the end some remarks were added "bachelors of law is the first professional degree required to practice law in...(my country) and it represent the completion of 3years of professional study in a common law jurisdiction. so i dont know if its a masters degree or first professional degree.
pls does anyone here have an experience with this or know anyone who has successfully crossed this hurdle and what they chose on the EE crs?

snorden88

Oct 15, 2015
India
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2016
AOR Received.
27-05-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
22-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
30-11-2016
LANDED..........
--/03/2017

Congratulations everyone, I received my ITA finally. Gearing up for a lot of efforts collecting documents. Nervous and excited.

GARJ

Mar 13, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

iphie28 said:
hi everyone, i also got an ITA but i'm a bit confused as to what the equivalent of my law degree is to CIC. it was assessed by WES but it just says canadian equivalent: Bachelors Degree (4years) Major/specialization: Law. then at the end some remarks were added "bachelors of law is the first professional degree required to practice law in...(my country) and it represent the completion of 3years of professional study in a common law jurisdiction. so i dont know if its a masters degree or first professional degree.
pls does anyone here have an experience with this or know anyone who has successfully crossed this hurdle and what they chose on the EE crs?
I went to law school in my country of origin too, my ECA reads similar to yours. This counts as a Bachelor's degree (4 years).

iphie28

Star Member
Apr 6, 2016

GARJ said:
I went to law school in my country of origin too, my ECA reads similar to yours. This counts as a Bachelor's degree (4 years).
Ok...did you confirm this from CIC? Reason being that if all law degrees are assessed as Bachelors degree then what kind of law degree does CIC want applicants to claim points for being a 1st professional degree? Again does it mean Bachelors of law, since the area of Specialization is still Law?
Pls I'd like to know your reasons for reaching this conclusion.

LizzyBob

Nov 26, 2015
NOC Code......

iphie28 said:

What EXACTLY does your ECA report say in the "Canadian equivalency summary" section? You can see the summary at the top line of every WES ECA report. if WES has given you a summary of only canadian bachelors,.. then chose only "bachelors degree" in your EE profile.
If WES did not explicitly call it a masters/professional degree, then you cannot select masters degree in your express entry profile

I hope this clarifies things.

GagamM

Star Member
Dec 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/04/2016
AOR Received.
04/05/2016
Med's Done....
14/05/2016
Passport Req..
02/11/2016

I am going to sit and work on that application for 2 to 3 hours straight and get it out of the way. I think checklist is made available after the application is submitted

iphie28

Star Member
Apr 6, 2016
LizzyBob said:
What EXACTLY does your ECA report say in the "Canadian equivalency summary" section? You can see the summary at the top line of every WES ECA report. if WES has given you a summary of only canadian bachelors,.. then chose only "bachelors degree" in your EE profile.
If WES did not explicitly call it a masters/professional degree, then you cannot select masters degree in your express entry profile

I hope this clarifies things.

Well not quite because the cic website provided a guide on how to read your report for law degrees. Professional degree is only an option. It's states 1) Bachelors of Law 2)Juris Doctor 3)first professional university Degree. So now I'm wondering if there's a difference with the bachelors degree and Bachelors of Law. My ECA only mentions that it is a professional degree in Remarks.

GARJ

Mar 13, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ECA reads:
"Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree (four years)
Remarks: The (Name of Degree) is the first professional degree in law in (Country of Origin)."

The equivalent is Bachelor's Degree (Four Years) because there is no other direct equivalency because the laws and procedures of our countries of origin aren't the same as Canada's. Please visit CIC's <a href="http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/eca-conversion.asp"/>Educational Credential Assessments – how to read your report</a> page for complete instructions. If your ECA reads "Bachelor's Degree (Four Years)" it counts as a Bachelor's Degree. I am claiming Two or more degrees or certificates, my Humber College Diploma and this Bachelor's Degree ECA.