+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IT jobs in Canada

sm9

Jul 24, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Folks,

I would need your help in understanding what kind of IT jobs are in demand in Canada (especially Ottawa) as before I move there I would like to do some IT courses in India which are recognised worldwide and can help me fetch a good job / IT job in Canada instead of odd jobs in beginning. I am a BCA graduate and MBA marketing from India.

Few of the courses / certifications I had in mind were MCSE / CCNA / RHCE / Sap / Oracle DBA / asp DBA / Java / Programming. Pls suggest as your help will be highly appreciated.

http://www.canadavisa.com/news/entry/information-technology-sector-booming-in-ottawa-07012014.html

NetMecca

Dec 12, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
14-07-2009
Hi

No simple answer, though if I were in your shoes I would have a look at the job boards & internet sites where IT jobs are on offer. These would offer you a clear indication of what the experience expectations of employers are. Then tailor whatever courses you do around that (and your own existing experience).

Also if you are able to do any Canadian courses (likely possible since a number of these course may be offered online) this would offer you a huge advantage.

Good luck :)

buliwyf

Star Member
Mar 27, 2013
Fortunately (or unfortunately depending on your situation), hiring managers for IT jobs don't really ask for your certifications. They interview you and try to see what you actually can do, what you actually know about the job and compare it to your actual experience in your previous job, regardless of your certifications.

Remember, IT is not a regulated field. It's the actual job experience and working knowledge that counts.

A hiring manager for a Network Administrator position will almost always hire someone un-certified but with 5-years experience as a network admin over someone who has CCNA (or whatever) with little to no actual experience. Certifications only matter when you're competing against candidates who have as little experience as you.

muscattocanada

Star Member
May 14, 2011
muscat
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
Mar 2010
AOR Received.
APR 2010... 2nd AOR Aug 2010
File Transfer...
july 2010
Med's Request
15th Feb 2012
Med's Done....
5th may 2012
Interview........
wavied
Passport Req..
Dec 18th 2012
VISA ISSUED...
feb 23rd 2013
has anyone done the Integrated Work Experience Strategy program of ICTC . Is it any good ?

Is it possible to get a voluntary job in IT for a start ... just moving April end

sharat_joshi77

Jun 21, 2011
Brampton
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Mar-2010
Doc's Request.
May-2010
IELTS Request
May-2010
File Transfer...
May-2010
Med's Request
Nov-2011
Med's Done....
Feb-2011
Interview........
Waived off
Passport Req..
May-2011
VISA ISSUED...
June-2011
LANDED..........
Aug-2011
muscattocanada said:
has anyone done the Integrated Work Experience Strategy program of ICTC . Is it any good ?

Is it possible to get a voluntary job in IT for a start ... just moving April end
The ICTC is not very helpful as a lot of employers dont know about it.
try reading about careeredge. I got a paid internship 2 months after I landed in Canada and now am in a full time job after completing it.
This will certainly be better than ICTC.

Jamesdavid3

May 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yeah a lot of managers don't care about certifications, as long as you can do the job you are good.

rak_1985

Nov 12, 2013
I have close to 3 years of Canadian experience in IT working for a major MNC.
Now that I am back to my home country and once my PR gets approved,, would it be easy finding IT job.

Do you think my past Canadian experience will be of any help ??

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
rak_1985 said:
I have close to 3 years of Canadian experience in IT working for a major MNC.
Now that I am back to my home country and once my PR gets approved,, would it be easy finding IT job.

Do you think my past Canadian experience will be of any help ??
ofcourse your past canadian experience will help you, lack of CE is a major obstacle which is faced by newcomers.
Since you've already worked here 3 years i assume you already know that :) .. but probably you just want to be re-assured.

REENA KASHYAP

Jun 3, 2014
sir,
i have complete my greduation and post greduation in computer science and now i have cmplete my msc'1st year in information tehnology
i am findind any job in IT like oracle,website devloper or any type of networking job pls send me reply.
i am from india..
thanks sir. :)

anildevaki

Jun 28, 2014
Hi FRIENDS,

I would like to move to canada, i am having 3 years of exp in mainframe development and in testing, is it possible to come and search jobs in canada. Could you please explain the Visa Process, currently i am working in healthcare domain and i am from INDIA.

please mail me the details
my contact details are
mail:anilkumar.devaki @ gmail.com

gagsgk

Star Member
Mar 29, 2014
Bangaloe
Visa Office......
Bangalore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-7-2014
Doc's Request.
21-07-2014
AOR Received.
21-07-2014
IELTS Request
21-07-2014
File Transfer...
21-07-2014
Med's Request
21-07-2014
Med's Done....
20-03-2014
Interview........
Waived off
Passport Req..
21-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
5/8/2014
LANDED..........
20/08/2014
anildevaki said:
Hi FRIENDS,

I would like to move to canada, i am having 3 years of exp in mainframe development and in testing, is it possible to come and search jobs in canada. Could you please explain the Visa Process, currently i am working in healthcare domain and i am from INDIA.

please mail me the details
my contact details are
mail:anilkumar.devaki @ gmail.com
Dont ever try to do that..!! Just think abou it practically If you have an extraordinary profile then you may take risk of going there and finding job but without any job you cant go there and find one unless you have CE..! In india itself ppl cant find job being an INDIAN ctitzen then how do you expect a job as an imigrant in canada???