+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Issues with Name post ITA

azdonald

Feb 7, 2017
Hi All
I got my ITA in the last round (crs 456) but when i was filling the form, i used only my lastname and firstname leaving out my middle name but my passport has all 3 names.

Should i decline the invitation or Use a the LOE to explain after submitting my application?

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Considering one of the very first questions is what is your Given Name(s), would will either need to decline the ITA and recreate an ee profile from scratch as the name is locked at the 'come to Canada wizard', or take the risk of explaining it in your LOE.

It isn't enough to be rejected by any means as a middle name is often overlooked day to day.

azdonald

Feb 7, 2017
kryt0n said:
Considering one of the very first questions is what is your Given Name(s), would will either need to decline the ITA and recreate an ee profile from scratch as the name is locked at the 'come to Canada wizard', or take the risk of explaining it in your LOE.

It isn't enough to be rejected by any means as a middle name is often overlooked day to day.
All my supporting documents, are going to come with firstname, lastname only my passport has the middle name in it. It was one of the reasons why i didn't put it in the first place.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
azdonald said:
All my supporting documents, are going to come with firstname, lastname only my passport has the middle name in it. It was one of the reasons why i didn't put it in the first place.
But your given names do include your middle name, so you should have added it from the start. This question is asking what is on your birth certificate/legal name.

Either way, add a note in your LOE and hope it's fine.

Itsmee

Sep 28, 2015
azdonald said:
Hi All
I got my ITA in the last round (crs 456) but when i was filling the form, i used only my lastname and firstname leaving out my middle name but my passport has all 3 names.

Should i decline the invitation or Use a the LOE to explain after submitting my application?

I recommend getting One and the same person affidavit.....a lawyer can make on for you....

azdonald

Feb 7, 2017
xander05151987 said:
Made the same mistake. I added my middle name and put in a LOE for the reason
How did you add your middle name post ITA? I can't edit the name part.

harsh.b

Jan 1, 2015
Guys,
I have exactly same situation. Overlooked middlename while filling express entry profile. Now, after receiving ITA I realized. Will they consider if I add LOE?

harsh.b

Jan 1, 2015
Guys,
I got the way to update first name last name post ITA. It can be done by button Modify Family Information.
After you login and click on continue information there is button on top which says Modify Family Information. Click on that and you can update. Hurray

sam_vir

Apr 27, 2017
when it says First Name(s) it is asking for ‘first and middle name’. I forgot to put in my middle name in my whole profile (EE profile before ITA), and it's a locked field now; I can't edit pre-ITA (information provided while creating profile ) form now, in POST ITA form i have updated my first name as 'First name middle name' using Modify family information, I can see its updated first name correctly in Post ITA form, But it did not updated in Pre-ITA form .

will it create any problem? how do i deal with this situation? Is it OK to provide one and same person affidavit and explain it in LOE

Also can you please share sample LOE

appreciate your help

Dr.sony

Aug 11, 2017
Bangladesh
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-10-2018
AOR Received.
01-11-2018
Passport Req..
08-04-2019
when it says First Name(s) it is asking for ‘first and middle name’. I forgot to put in my middle name in my whole profile (EE profile before ITA), and it's a locked field now; I can't edit pre-ITA (information provided while creating profile ) form now, in POST ITA form i have updated my first name as 'First name middle name' using Modify family information, I can see its updated first name correctly in Post ITA form, But it did not updated in Pre-ITA form .

will it create any problem? how do i deal with this situation? Is it OK to provide one and same person affidavit and explain it in LOE

appreciate your help
how did you solve it? was there any problem? what did u explain in LOE? I am facing the same problem. need help

sub3086

Nov 17, 2018
Wer

appreciate your help
e you required to provide an LOE for this change

sub3086

Nov 17, 2018
Guys,
I got the way to update first name last name post ITA. It can be done by button Modify Family Information.
After you login and click on continue information there is button on top which says Modify Family Information. Click on that and you can update. Hurray
Were you required to provide an LOE for the change in pre and post ITA name?

Nixnic19

Star Member
Jan 17, 2019
Were you required to provide an LOE for the change in pre and post ITA name?
Guys, I had the same thing.. forgot to put middle name and that middle name shows in my ECA.. I tried to log in but didnt see modify family information.. please advise

prpurohit

Mar 12, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
4th June, 2018
Med's Done....
15th june
Passport Req..
27th September
Guys, I had the same thing.. forgot to put middle name and that middle name shows in my ECA.. I tried to log in but didnt see modify family information.. please advise
Match the name on your application to that on your passport, not ECA. If you have different names on different documents like ECA and reference letter etc then attach a 'one and the same person' affidavit.

Reactions: Nixnic19