+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Issue with medicals -- CIC request

user3009

Jul 3, 2017
Issue with medicals -- CIC request

Hello everybody

I am having troubles with my medical and I do not know what to do.
X-ray did not come clean and the clinic recorded on eMedical presence of micro-nodules which might have been caused, among others, by past TB. It also clearly states that there is no evidence of current TB. Moreover, to my knowledge, I don't have a past of TB, neither myself nor anyone in my family.
CIC have come back to me and requested further test. In communication with the clinic, they confirmed that CIC request a new x-ray in 3-months time plus sputum and other minor tests.
Besides, I requested the x-ray film to the clinic and have taken it to two other radiologists along with the clinic's report. Both doctors (non eMedical) agree that there is very small to no presence of micro-nodules, opposite to the clinic's report "relatively dense" diagnosis.

I have several problems with the whole thing:
- One, CIC request a test in 3-months time but, in the letter they sent me, they ask me to comply with their request within 60 days.
- Two, further tests requested by CIC have to be carried out by an approved panel physician. However, the clinic has confirmed that they do not carry out some of the tests requested.
- Three, I am, by any means, a doctor, but I am not confident that the clinic has done a correct job.

Questions
- I will contact my visa office for clarification, but I cannot find a telephone number nor an email address. Should I contact them through here? Although this webform does not look intended for a case like mine.
- Will CIC accept tests carried out by non approved physician?
- Although I already have an eMedical file due to the mandatory test already carried out, is it possible to go to another approved panel physician to have a second opinion?

Many thanks for your input.

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
If the panel clinic does not do the tests, you need to check for different panel clinic. There is no choice in this as CIC won't accept tests from elsewhere.

Also I'm not sure you can challenge furtherance requested by CIC. You may challenge final decision, but not request for tests. CIC just don't look at hospital report before issuing furtherance, they look for the real x-ray film too. It's done by doctors employed by CIC in local visa office. They have every right to question even a small thing (the report isn't clean anyways.. minor thing is still a finding) in your medical if it's in best interest of Canada and its laws.

If you have confusion between 60 or 90 days, better to get it done before sixty days. Honestly not much options here for you other than getting this done as soon as possible. You cannot convince them in any way and get this cancelled.

Reactions: user3009

user3009

Jul 3, 2017
Thank you for your reply DEEPCUR.
I am not trying to challenge CIC (I will take the test they ask for) but the clinic's findings. Although I agree that a small finding is still a finding, the difference between many micro-nodules and almost none could mean different tests requested. This is why I wonder whether they would accept a second initial test.
There is no confusion between 60 and 90 days: the letter says to have complied with request before 60 days and the further x-ray is dated beyond that date. It will probably not solve the problem to have the x-ray done earlier as they will most likely reject it.

user3009

Jul 3, 2017
I'm sorry to bump this up but does anyone know if CIC would accept a second medical exam carried out in another eMedical clinic?

sbiz

Jan 27, 2019
Hi User2009, I'm in a similar situation as yours. The letter says to have complied with request before 60 days and they requested an x-ray after 3 months (90 days). How did you deal with this?