+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is writing IELTS test the first step in this federal skilled workers application

Nkpreky

Sep 9, 2017
Good day all,

Am a 29 years Nigeria Lady. My friend suggested Canada federal skilled worker to me last week. I have 6 years work experience in a telecommunication industry,with BSC in Mass Communication only. I intend writing my IELTS 02/11/2017 so I can prepare well for a higher brand.
My question is in total,what am I supposed to score in each section of IELTS test? And what is my overall expected score in the test?
Secondly do I need to apply for WES to verify my academic transcript after writing IELTS or before the test co's that's what my friend suggested?
Please I need an urgent reply. Thank you.

Kris233

Star Member
May 4, 2017
Yes IELTS is the very first stage. You should probably aim for at least band 6-7.
I got 8 overall.

mapleleaf987

Jun 29, 2017
Good day all,

Am a 29 years Nigeria Lady. My friend suggested Canada federal skilled worker to me last week. I have 6 years work experience in a telecommunication industry,with BSC in Mass Communication only. I intend writing my IELTS 02/11/2017 so I can prepare well for a higher brand.
My question is in total,what am I supposed to score in each section of IELTS test? And what is my overall expected score in the test?
Secondly do I need to apply for WES to verify my academic transcript after writing IELTS or before the test co's that's what my friend suggested?
Please I need an urgent reply. Thank you.
You should start applying to Wes immediately as they can be time consuming depending on your qualifications and documents. Wes and ielts are not dependant on each other and they can be done before, after or together. The idea is to have both Wes and ielts results ready around the same time so that you can submit your EE profile. Both results are mandatory for submitting EE.

As far as ielts, better scores means a better crs means faster chance of getting an invitation to apply to Canada. If your NOC is 0 or A, you need to score a minimum CLB 7 in each section or your profile won't be eligible. If your noc B , you need a minimum 5 in every section

You can check your noc here http://noc.esdc.gc.ca/English/NOC/QuickSearch.aspx?_ga=2.81780567.199498023.1505064903-910454616.1503521967&val65=Telecommunications