+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

is work exp. on visitor record considered?

ahujahps

Jul 9, 2010
thanx baloo ..yes it was valid...working as a priest in a sikh temple 7 it comes under b category..minister of religion

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
A visitor permit is not a work permit; you can "volunteer" on a visitor visa, but for it to count as "work" for CEC purposes, you would probably have to have a work permit. (Work permits ARE required for religious occupations, but are LMO exempt).

Not 100% sure about this in the case of religious occupations, you should call CIC.

ahujahps

Jul 9, 2010
thanx jes_on
if i have worked for salary & revenue canada records (returns) & T4 slips are for evidence ,will this work experience will not be counted?
pl reply

regards
harminder

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

ahujahps said:
thanx jes_on
if i have worked for salary & revenue canada records (returns) & T4 slips are for evidence ,will this work experience will not be counted?
pl reply

regards
harminder
The criteria for CEC is a work authorization, as a religious worker you were on a visitor visa, so it doesn't count.

ahujahps

Jul 9, 2010
dear pmm
thanx for the reply,i appreciate..
butit is clearly written on my visitor record,"Authorized to perform religious duties for ..(name of the temple) as per r186(L) .CXFSD*

Doesn't that mean i am authorised?? :eek: :eek:

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

ahujahps said:
dear pmm
thanx for the reply,i appreciate..
butit is clearly written on my visitor record,"Authorized to perform religious duties for ..(name of the temple) as per r186(L) .CXFSD*

Doesn't that mean i am authorised?? :eek: :eek:
You were authorized on a VISITOR permit to perform religious duties, for CEC you need a WORK permit, which you didn't have.

ahujahps

Jul 9, 2010
dear pmm
thanx
pl go thru the under mentioned para...this is copy pasted from cec guide...where it is mentioned that the work exp. shud be under work permit ...any unauthorised or self emp. cannot be considered,they say.pl reply

You must have obtained the equivalent of 24 months of full-time or full-time equivalent (one week is 37.5 hours of work) Canadian skilled work experience at NOC Skill Type 0, or Skill Level A or B. This work experience must have been acquired in Canada (within the 36 months preceding the date the application is made*).
You do not have to be employed at the time of the application.
Note: Any periods of self-employment or unauthorized work cannot be included when calculating the period of work experience. You must have temporary resident status during the period of work experience

ahujahps

Jul 9, 2010
dear pmm
this is copy paste from cic website...what u understand from this? pl reply

"You do not meet the minimum work experience requirement if:

•you gained your work experience without the proper status (for example, as an undocumented worker)"

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ahujahps said:
dear pmm
thanx
pl go thru the under mentioned para...this is copy pasted from cec guide...where it is mentioned that the work exp. shud be under work permit ...any unauthorised or self emp. cannot be considered,they say.pl reply
As PMM points out,
You were authorized on a VISITOR permit to perform religious duties, for CEC you need a WORK permit, which you didn't have.
The para' that you quote contains:
This work experience
You were not authorized to WORK, so cannot count the time for CEC.

ahujahps

Jul 9, 2010
baloo,pmm

this is a copy pasted from temporary workers guidelines' page 22

5. Departmental policy
5.1. Overview
The Regulations specify that the worker class is a class of persons who may become temporary
residents. A worker may be authorized to work without a work permit R186, or may be authorized
to work by the issuance of a work permit pursuant to Part 11 of the Regulations.

when we go into the above mentioned regulations in detail we dont find anywhere that the work done with authiriztion is illegal work and it shud not b counted as work exp.

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We could debate this all day, you have my considered opinion - of course I may be wrong.
Maybe you should call the CIC helpline, or employ an immigration consultant / lawyer.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
ahujahps said:
when we go into the above mentioned regulations in detail we dont find anywhere that the work done with authiriztion is illegal work and it shud not b counted as work exp.
Well, sure, if you ignore the part that says it will not be counted, you can make it say anything you want.

Look, you've had 3 people tell you that your "work" experience does not count for the CEC program. Why not get a work permit, and do it right?