+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

is work allowed for "global business Management" from Humber college????

Qamar Khan Sahil

Star Member
Oct 18, 2011
Rawalpindi
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-2016
AOR Received.
18-04-2016
Med's Request
up-front 11 apr 2016
Med's Done....
passed 29-04-2016
Can any one tell me that by applying in Humber College for 2 year Global Business Management program,, when will i get work allowed for part time while studying and after completing this program can i get work permit???

tiger007

Champion Member
Qamar Khan Sahil said:
Can any one tell me that by applying in Humber College for 2 year Global Business Management program,, when will i get work allowed for part time while studying and after completing this program can i get work permit???
Hi,

1. Humber collge, GBM programme or as a matter of fact any college or course has NOTHING TO DO with your work permit. It has no direct relation to you getting / or you being allowed for part time (or ON CAMPUS/OFF CAMPUS WORK). If you are a full time international student in a recognized post secondary college or university of Canada, you are eligible to work, provided you meet certain conditions.

2. STUDENT work permits are of 2 types: (A).ON CAMPUS WORK/jobs-NO WORK PERMIT REQUIRED. YOU CAN WORK IN YOUR CAMPUS, IF YOU ARE A FULL TIME STUDENT. HOWEVER, ON CAMPUS JOBS ARE EXTREMELY LIMITED, and with all the students competing for these open positions, so one should not expect or rely on it. (B) For OFF CAMPUS jobs, you need to apply for a off campus work permit to CIC. For this, you must 1st complete 6 months of your course, maintain good acaemic grades(usually decided by the Univ./college) and then only you can apply for OFF CAMPUS work permit, which will allow you to work 20hrs/week (part time).

FOR DETAILED INFO, read in detail: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/work.asp

Hope it clears your doubts.

tiger007

Qamar Khan Sahil

Star Member
Oct 18, 2011
Rawalpindi
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-2016
AOR Received.
18-04-2016
Med's Request
up-front 11 apr 2016
Med's Done....
passed 29-04-2016
tiger007 said:
Hi,

1. Humber collge, GBM programme or as a matter of fact any college or course has NOTHING TO DO with your work permit. It has no direct relation to you getting / or you being allowed for part time (or ON CAMPUS/OFF CAMPUS WORK). If you are a full time international student in a recognized post secondary college or university of Canada, you are eligible to work, provided you meet certain conditions.

2. STUDENT work permits are of 2 types: (A).ON CAMPUS WORK/jobs-NO WORK PERMIT REQUIRED. YOU CAN WORK IN YOUR CAMPUS, IF YOU ARE A FULL TIME STUDENT. HOWEVER, ON CAMPUS JOBS ARE EXTREMELY LIMITED, and with all the students competing for these open positions, so one should not expect or rely on it. (B) For OFF CAMPUS jobs, you need to apply for a off campus work permit to CIC. For this, you must 1st complete 6 months of your course, maintain good acaemic grades(usually decided by the Univ./college) and then only you can apply for OFF CAMPUS work permit, which will allow you to work 20hrs/week (part time).

FOR DETAILED INFO, read in detail: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/work.asp

Hope it clears your doubts.

tiger007
thnx alot...it clears me.....