+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is valid passport required for citizenship application?

wcikkk

Star Member
Nov 24, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

I'm planning to send application next month, as soon as residence requirement is fullfiled.

I noticed that my currency passport was expired this year January because I did't travel outside of Canada nor haven't planned to.

Should I renew passport before sending out application and include in the submission package?

Although there's almost one year gap between old passport and new one, since I haven't travelled out of Canada I believe I should be find.

And I see no reason why I should renew my passport if I'm not planning any trip.

How do you think?

om saif

Dec 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
be sure to write an explanation letter saying that you did not renew your passport and this is the only passport that covers the 4 years. also, that you did not renew it because you are not planing to travel. if you did not, the officer may think that you did not send the new one and he will return the application.

wcikkk said:
Hi all,

I'm planning to send application next month, as soon as residence requirement is fullfiled.

I noticed that my currency passport was expired this year January because I did't travel outside of Canada nor haven't planned to.

Should I renew passport before sending out application and include in the submission package?

Although there's almost one year gap between old passport and new one, since I haven't travelled out of Canada I believe I should be find.

And I see no reason why I should renew my passport if I'm not planning any trip.

How do you think?

Goldline

Mar 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Also, when there is a big gap not covered by any passport they think the applicant has another travel document and they're hiding some travels. Be prepared to answer this potential question they may ask. If I were you I would renew the pp even if I have to apply with the expired one at least on interview day they will see the current one.

yafayu

May 8, 2011
No. I didn't have valid passport when I applied for citizenship. But I did attached a letter to explain the reason