+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is this weird? need some help here!!

sdsmvcc

Oct 5, 2011
Hi ladies and gents.... Last week my wife got an email from Sao Paulo asking for her passport to stamp the visa (yess FINALLY!!!) The day after She received and email asking for the medic exams.... We sent out the medic exams at the beginning of the process, so she showed up at the consulate with the Passport and that green paper with the medic signature. How can we know if this is enough or if she needs to repeat the medic examination? We are quite nervous now and anxious, I mean is the last step, but this thing of the medical exam is a stone in the path.

Anyone had this issue?
Any advice?

Can they ask for the med exam AGAIN!? even after getting a copy made by themselves in the Canadian consulate?

They kept the passport but we dont know if everything is ok or if my wife haves to repeat the entire med thing.

Thanks for any advice and recomendations!!! :eek:

riverrock55

Star Member
Nov 13, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-11-2012
AOR Received.
20-12-2012 (in-process 7-2-2013)
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
19-04-2013
LANDED..........
21-04-2013
Medical exams are only valid for 1 year from the date of the chest xray.

So if you did the medical exam as late as 10 months ago + they may ask you to redo medical.

Once you receive the COPR you have to land before your most recent medical results expire ( ie, 1 year after the medical tests)

LeisaP

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 18, 2012
Doc's Request.
ARC requested Sept 28,2012 ARC sent October 18,2012... RCMP Sent Dec 17,2012. Additional court documents sent March 25, 2013.
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
April 5, 2012
Med's Request
First medical March 2011, REDO Medical July 30, 2012
Med's Done....
August 16, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27, 2013
LANDED..........
May 30, 2013
sdsmvcc said:
She did the exams 7 months ago. They are valid.
This could simply be a mistake,
They might have accidently sent out the email to her when the redo medical wasn't needed.

:)

sdsmvcc

Oct 5, 2011
Is what I think is happening but I'm not receiving any answer from their side and Im starting to get nervous...

truesmile

Champion Member
Jun 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2012
AOR Received.
18-07-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
18-05-2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
05-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2013
LANDED..........
02-02-2013
Based on your wording, sounds to me like they're just asking to "see" them (and they are valid for a year as noted previously) . . . Or are they morely clearly asking you to re-do them?

sdsmvcc

Oct 5, 2011
truesmile said:
Based on your wording, sounds to me like they're just asking to "see" them (and they are valid for a year as noted previously) . . . Or are they morely clearly asking you to re-do them?
They sent the PDF asking for them... but after showing up in the Sao Paulo consulate with the "green paper" they said to wait for them to figure out what happened... The thing is we CANT wait. If they decide she haves to do all the medic exam again we will have to re-eschedulle the flight that will cost us +$500 + the medic exams + + + + + + and Canada gov wont cover any of this expenses (even if they lost the medic exams).

My wife have even showed the tracking number of the medic exams to the ppl of the consulate. I mean this is retarded!.

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
sdsmvcc said:
They sent the PDF asking for them... but after showing up in the Sao Paulo consulate with the "green paper" they said to wait for them to figure out what happened... The thing is we CANT wait. If they decide she haves to do all the medic exam again we will have to re-eschedulle the flight that will cost us +$500 + the medic exams + + + + + + and Canada gov wont cover any of this expenses (even if they lost the medic exams).

My wife have even showed the tracking number of the medic exams to the ppl of the consulate. I mean this is retarded!.
things happen, and it's a human process... I understand that you're upset and I really hope that they didn't loose the medicals, however with the passport request it always says not to book a flight until you have your visa back.
HOpe it works out well for you.
Sweden

akoika

May 29, 2013
What you need to do is send a case specific inquiry. In the subject line write "URGENT: Clarification needed", or something along those lines, but keep the URGENT.

Then describe the situation. When were the medical exams performed, what was the tracking number, mention you showed the paper at the consulate, tell them you are pressed for time, describe your flight itinerary, ask for a clarification asap.... It's the only thing you can do. With Canada you can never book a flight before you have a visa in your hand.

sdsmvcc

Oct 5, 2011
Just a heads up they told us we will get an answer in the upcoming days (traduce that into 5 to a max of 10 days.)