+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is this possible?

Ereinion

Aug 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I sent my initial application to the CIO. After that I received the letter from CIO asking to send the full application. They wrote a reference number B XXXX XXXX X. Then I sent my full application to the local emmbasy of Canada. Now I have received a email from the emmbassy asking for a letter of reference. The problem is they wrote a file number B XYXY XYXY Y. Now, I am confused. It is supposed that both numbers should be the same? or they can be different?

Thanks

Ereinion

Pd One more thing... anyone can tell me what are the subsections 15(1) and 16(1)?

pocoyo

Star Member
Sep 21, 2009
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Ontario
My first reference no or AOR no. from CIO is different from the one issued by my local visa office (CHC). But the letter I received along with the second reference no. from my local visa office clearly specify that for any future correspondence, I will use the second reference no. Now in our case, I think you should use the second file number as this is the reference number issued by your local visa office.

Ereinion said:
Hi,
I sent my initial application to the CIO. After that I received the letter from CIO asking to send the full application. They wrote a reference number B XXXX XXXX X. Then I sent my full application to the local emmbasy of Canada. Now I have received a email from the emmbassy asking for a letter of reference. The problem is they wrote a file number B XYXY XYXY Y. Now, I a. It is supposed that both numbers should be the same? or they can be different?

Thanks

Ereinion

Pd One more thing... anyone can tell me what are the subsections 15(1) and 16(1)?

CarribRN

Star Member
Jul 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Same thing here.

The file number I got from CIO is different from the one issued by the local visa office. Both are working though when I used 'em to check my case status online. However, for communication purposes with your local visa office, you need to use the one that they gave you.