+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is this normal for online study permit application?

M.F.

Jul 10, 2017
I have applied for my study permit on mid of July. I am from Egypt but my online application is being processed at Ankara visa office. The average processing time in my country is 3-4 weeks according to CIC website, however, more than 7 weeks passed and I only got the confirmation of receiving my biometrics. I sent them a case-specific enquiry a month ago (after the normal processing time ) and their response was that my application is being reviewed by outside agencies and they couldn't expedite this process. I would like to know is this normal or there is some delay in processing my application? and what can I do in this case? the courses have already started but the academic advisor told me that I can arrive till mid of October.

Adeled

Aug 21, 2017
I also applied in the beginning of the august. I applied from the US which is a 4-5 week wait and i still haven't received a decision. All I can do is patiently wait for a response.

Reactions: Playcold

faisalmughal

Nov 5, 2015
I have applied for my study permit on mid of July. I am from Egypt but my online application is being processed at Ankara visa office. The average processing time in my country is 3-4 weeks according to CIC website, however, more than 7 weeks passed and I only got the confirmation of receiving my biometrics. I sent them a case-specific enquiry a month ago (after the normal processing time ) and their response was that my application is being reviewed by outside agencies and they couldn't expedite this process. I would like to know is this normal or there is some delay in processing my application? and what can I do in this case? the courses have already started but the academic advisor told me that I can arrive till mid of October.
How you have noted from your online application that your application is being processed at Ankara visa office instead of Egypt?

M.F.

Jul 10, 2017
How you have noted from your online application that your application is being processed at Ankara visa office instead of Egypt?
I sent the case specific enquiry to Cairo office and they told me that the online applications are processed by the visa office in Ankara.

mhannou2

Sep 15, 2017
I applied for a TRV online from Lebanon and knew as well that my application is processed by Ankara visa office. I submitted my application on August 16 and has been under processing for more than a month. It has exceeded the normal processing time for Lebanon of 26 days. I have my valid study permit and need only my visa to re-enter Canada. I am already late for my studies as well. Contacted the Ankara visa office with no reply at all. Any one with same experience?

mhannou2

Sep 15, 2017
Have you heard back? I applied for a TRV online from Lebanon and knew as well that my application is processed by Ankara visa office. I submitted my application on August 16 and has been under processing for more than a month. It has exceeded the normal processing time for Lebanon of 26 days. I have my valid study permit and need only my visa to re-enter Canada. I am already late for my studies as well. Contacted the Ankara visa office with no reply at all. Any one with same experience?

MozyMozy

Star Member
Jul 19, 2017
I sent the case specific enquiry to Cairo office and they told me that the online applications are processed by the visa office in Ankara.

I have the exact same status with same country, program and destination city.

Do you have any update

Last edited:

MozyMozy

Star Member
Jul 19, 2017
Do you have any update cuz i have the same issue?

akoa

Oct 8, 2015
GTA
Category........
CEC
Guys any other ways to contact Abu Dhabi embassy regarding student visa. or what to do? They never reply even though the processing time is exceeded 6 months. No a single update. not even for submitted upfront medical. Help please.

canadajay

Apr 30, 2018
Hello,

This is old I know but did anyone hear back anything? (I hope you did by now!) I have applied and its been more than 10 weeks so far.

Reactions: MElshabra

MElshabra

Jun 11, 2019
Hello,

This problem happened to me as well. It’s been more than three months and I did not hear back yet. Any body heard back from them, and how long did any of you wait to hear back from Ankara¿

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
Hello,

This problem happened to me as well. It’s been more than three months and I did not hear back yet. Any body heard back from them, and how long did any of you wait to hear back from Ankara¿
This looks like an year old thread and processing times keep updating periodically.

You can check the current processing time of the country on cic.gc.ca and also if you paper filed your application then link it online to see the IRCC status.

MElshabra

Jun 11, 2019
This looks like an year old thread and processing times keep updating periodically.

You can check the current processing time of the country on cic.gc.ca and also if you paper filed your application then link it online to see the IRCC status.
Thank you for this illustration :) However, I did not clearly state that I passed the processing time by 7 weeks, sent already web-form, and still did not hear back. I was wondering if this Ankara Mission usually takes way more than the average processing time or not.