+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is this case continuous work experience?

namse

Mar 8, 2017
Hello. I need your advice.

I'm try to get FSW program, I found that I need at least 1 year continuous work experience on '1' employer.

I worked for one employer, but he is not company, just person.

First, I worked for him for about 6~7 month. And he always gave me salary. 6~7 month later, he found company and also I became one of the member. I worked for that company for 6 month.

In this case, could I say I have 1 year continuous work experience?

He told me he can write any reference for my immigration. But I'm not sure that CIC agree with my case.

jp2014

Star Member
May 18, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
SGVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-2014
AOR Received.
05-2014
Med's Request
11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
03-2017
If the answer is yes to all points below, you should not be worried

- Your employer has set up a company and it's in full operation by now, i.e. business license, company address, landline telephone, office, tax registration...
- Your employer is a legal representative of the company who can sign off official documents
- The kind of job you do for him is the same NOC you use for your application

What you can do is to ask him to for a reference letter saying you have worked for the company for at least one year, your job title, job description and your monthly salary. The letter should be printed on the company's letterhead paper, with his signature and stamp (as needed). Another thing is he should be willing to be contacted by CIC for verification.