+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is this a problem for PR? Need a kind of legal advice

Dillan_op4

Feb 14, 2009
Dear All,

I made a big mistake about 3 years ago, I got a non paid work experience in Canada during 6/7 weeks landing with with a tourism passeport.

Three years later, I'm presenting my PR application.

The fact is that I was not arrested during this period, I just finished my work experience and got back to my country. I took some information and like i've got no criminal charges I cannot pretend for a rehab.

So I don't know what to think about this, will my file be a problem for the immigration officers?

Thank you for your answers,

Bye

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
is it still work if you were not paid for it.

Also, i have been to the US before for work purpose but on a tourist visa. It is totally legal. Does Canada have a different visafrom a tourist visa for those who come on short term work trips?

Dillan_op4

Feb 14, 2009
Hello,

No I wasn't paid for it, well I watched on the CIC site and I did need to have a temporary visa to work...
I tried to read the immigration act see it this kind of case was written on it but I can"t find what I'm looking for...

If somebody know, I would thank him a lot for his/her answer

Byee

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
With all due respect Rupeshhari,

How come a tourist visa can be used for working? Pardon my Ignorance, as this is the first time I am hearing this.

Dillan_op4 ,
How are you going to prooooove this experience.? If I were u, I will leave that scenario totally out.Unless you R in dire need of the time-period which could back-fire on you. If I were u , I would have weighed the Pros and Cons before taking any further action.

[size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt]Disclaimer:
This is my personal view and should not be seen and taken as an Advice. I am Not an Immigration expert, nor a legal adviser!!
[/size][/size][/size]

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you for the "Ausfuhrilches Information"
So it is Business Tourist visa and not the Normal tourist visa.
Regards