+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is this a graduate course?

May 30, 2021
Hey guys, I hope everyone is well,
I am into Seneca College (May intake) for a ontario graduate certificate program (2 years + co-op).

My question is, due to the new rules implemented by IRCC (attestation letter), will that affect my visa? I applied on Jan 22nd.
Also is "Ontario Graduate Certificate" comes in POST GRADUATE programs?

andrews17

Jan 25, 2021
Canada
Category........
PNP
The best way to determine this is by reading the program requirements. If it doesn't require you to have a bachelor's degree, then it is not considered a post-graduate.

Most graduate certificates only require you to have a college diploma OR experience in a certain field. So they wouldn't qualify as post-graduates.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
I am into Seneca College (May intake) for a ontario graduate certificate program (2 years + co-op).

My question is, due to the new rules implemented by IRCC (attestation letter), will that affect my visa? I applied on Jan 22nd.
Most likely it’ll be affected by the new cap and attestation letter

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
The best way to determine this is by reading the program requirements. If it doesn't require you to have a bachelor's degree, then it is not considered a post-graduate.

Most graduate certificates only require you to have a college diploma OR experience in a certain field. So they wouldn't qualify as post-graduates.
They are referred as “College Programs” not Post Graduate. I have seen lots of students with Bachelor Degrees apply to study “College Programs” and they are being issued with LOA. But thanks for pointing out “program requirement”, perfect way to determine

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

If you applied in January there is a good chance you may not be able to receive a response in time for a May 2024 start date. Assume some programs with May 2024 start dates may be cancelled and students deferred to September while both schools, province and IRCC adjusts to new policies.

wasay khan

Star Member
Dec 9, 2023

May I know that when you applied first time your application got rejected? after you received your biometric verification letter?