+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

is there any provincial nominee application cap for a year in Alberta?

paulgovas

Aug 7, 2013
edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
05-06-2015
AOR Received.
17-08-2015
Med's Request
20-08-2015
Med's Done....
23-10-2015 received in Ecas
Passport Req..
January 6 2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-02-2016
LANDED..........
12-03-2016
hi,
Does anybody know that the Alberta does have application cap for a year or is it open? I am thinking of applying under it. is it good to apply now? please give any ideas/suggestions concerning Alberta provincial nominee programs.
Thank you

Have a great day

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
http://www.abhinav.com/canada-immigration/albertapnp.aspx

The Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program or Alberta PNP is a separate PNP authorizing Alberta to nominate candidates depending on skill-set to migrate and settle in Alberta. The Alberta Ministry of Employment and Immigration is the governing body accounting for the nominee program and annual immigration quota required to address the immigration needs of the Alberta province

Under the new agreement, the Candidates fulfilling federal admissibility requirements are offered with Alberta Provincial Nomination Certificate which fast-track their application.

Under the new PNP agreement, there is no longer a cap on the immigrants' figure that can be nominated for permanent residency in province of Alberta annually as well as no expiry date. The AINP will run until further notice, with Alberta providing targets for CIC to fit in its yearly immigration levels planning.
However, http://www.albertacanada.com/immigration/immigrating/ainp-eds-skilled-worker-criteria.aspx clearly states

Note: The availability of AINP streams and categories is dependent upon application volumes and labour market needs. The AINP reserves the right to close application intake for any AINP stream or category at any time, without prior notice. Further, the AINP may decline to consider applications to closed or suspended streams or categories, regardless of when the applications were submitted. Changes to the AINP, including notice of suspension or closure of its streams and categories are available on the AINP news page and/or the AINP application forms page.

The AINP is not obligated to assess/process any applications submitted. Applications to the AINP are treated as an expression of interest, and as such, will be processed according to quality of the application (completeness, eligibility), labour market information, occupational supply and demand forecasting, AINP application volumes, and / or any other factors at the AINP’s discretion. By submitting an application to the AINP you acknowledge and agree that your application may not be processed in the order received, or at all. Further, the decision to assess / process any particular application, and the outcome of any such assessment / processing, is at the AINP’s sole discretion. Program criteria are eligibility minimums, and meeting program criteria does not guarantee that an applicant’s application will be assessed, processed, or granted.
So, no cap but they can close/amend it at any time.

paulgovas

Aug 7, 2013
edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
05-06-2015
AOR Received.
17-08-2015
Med's Request
20-08-2015
Med's Done....
23-10-2015 received in Ecas
Passport Req..
January 6 2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-02-2016
LANDED..........
12-03-2016
thank you zardoz. congratulations and welcome to Canada
I am working in Calgary for last six months under NOC 1231 or 1311 ( it seems similar) so I am applying for it soon. Any ideas do you have the contents in the job letter?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
I'm coming in under Family Class sponsorship, so I really don't know how to format a job letter.
Lots of experienced people on here. Someone will be able to help, I'm sure.