+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

is there actually a chance our application will get declined?

mitch24

Jan 14, 2014
just a lil worried. is it a good idea to be too honest to the authority processing the application?

i met my then-bf (now husband) in 2012 in toronto. i was *recently* married at that time and my ex-husband is in the US air force so he was based in the US and we never really established our life together in canada, where i want to settle down. we were apart for most of our relationship and we just fell out, even he started dating a girl in the US before i started it. i had to wait for a year to get a divorce and i immediately re-married after i got the divorce. i got to canada through LICP and it expired a few months back. is this a red flag? my husband is also 19 years old, while I am 26... We met when he was 17 and I was 24. is this an even bigger red flag? we've been living together since 3 months ago... we decided to live together because his parents were enforcing desperate measures just to eradicate me. they totally tried to prosecute me over false allegations and i've spent so much time and money provin my innocence! should they interfere again and call marriage fraud on me or something, what steps should i take? or do we just live the same way?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You really have no choice but to be completely honest with CIC. Even the smallest detail can be grounds for denial, based on misrepresentation.

The truth is...most applicants actually have a chance of being declined.

Be honest and hope for the best. That's really all that you can do.

Good luck!

Ellasg

Oct 7, 2013
Japan
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-12-2013
AOR Received.
29-01-2014
File Transfer...
03-02-2014
Med's Done....
29-10-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-04-2014, DM: 19-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
15-05-2014
LANDED..........
06-06-2014
mitch24 said:
just a lil worried. is it a good idea to be too honest to the authority processing the application?

i met my then-bf (now husband) in 2012 in toronto. i was *recently* married at that time and my ex-husband is in the US air force so he was based in the US and we never really established our life together in canada, where i want to settle down. we were apart for most of our relationship and we just fell out, even he started dating a girl in the US before i started it. i had to wait for a year to get a divorce and i immediately re-married after i got the divorce. i got to canada through LICP and it expired a few months back. is this a red flag? my husband is also 19 years old, while I am 26... We met when he was 17 and I was 24. is this an even bigger red flag? we've been living together since 3 months ago... we decided to live together because his parents were enforcing desperate measures just to eradicate me. they totally tried to prosecute me over false allegations and i've spent so much time and money provin my innocence! should they interfere again and call marriage fraud on me or something, what steps should i take? or do we just live the same way?
You can't hide the age difference or the LICP, you don't have to mention your issues with his parents even though their support would play an essential part in the process, I think it's important for the immigration to know his family is aware and consent with your marriage, maybe you should try to fix it with them. Also, I don't think the age difference is bad.

Good Luck.