+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is there a work permit process limit at St-Bernard-de-Lacolle or St-Armand/Philipsburg

Apr 24, 2019
Hello,

I heard there is a time limit for processing work permit at the St-Bernard-de-Lacolle or St-Armand/Philipsburg (Monday-Thursday 12:00-19:00, Saturday 9:00-17:00). I wonder is there a work permit limit too (e.g.: only process 30 work/study permit per day)?

Cindy34

Apr 13, 2019
From my experience there is! I do not know the exact number but this was my experience:

I went to lacolle first, made the U turn (passed the American) and reached the Canadian border st 9:49 on Saturday. (Office for work permit opens at 9:00)

I was told that the limit has already been reached and they will not receive more work permit applicants.

My aunt then drove me to the Philipsburg. I made the U turn (waited for a long time at the America building), and reached the Canadian border at about 1:30. This time I was accepted into the border for the work permit application. Got my permit at around 4 (there was only one person before me but it seems that this person was giving false information so the officers took a long time to validate). The applicants who came later than me were told to leave and come at another time, even they were accepted into the house.