Doc's Request.
22/12/2010
AOR Received.
22/12/2010
Med's Done....
14/12/2010
Passport Req..
23/2/2011
http://www.cfo.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=329&Itemid=78

Is the required to depart from manila to toronto with a spousal visa ??

Fiancee, Spouses and Other Partners of Foreign Nationals

What you need to know...

As Filipinos going abroad as fiancé(e)s, spouses or other partners of foreign nationals, you are required to attend the CFO's guidance and counseling session in order to secure the Guidance and Counseling Certificate (GCC) and the CFO sticker.
You need this certificate to renew or apply for a new passport at the Department of Foreign Affairs (per Department of Foreign Affairs Order Nos. 11-97 Implementing Rules and Regulations for Republic Act 8239, "Philippine Passport Act" and 28-94).

You will also need to present this certificate together with your spouse/partner visa, at the Immigration office at the international airport on your day of departure.

To attend the seminar, you may proceed to either two of CFO's service providers: the St. Mary Euphrasia Foundation-Center for Overseas Workers (SMEF-COW) or the People's Reform Initiative for Social Mobilization, Inc. (PRISM).

You will have to bring with you the required documents to be accommodated in the counseling seminar. The counseling session runs for a minimum of two hours and is meant to provide you with adequate information regarding inter-marriage and migration, the cultural and social realities abroad as well as available support networks for women in distress, among others.

After you comply with all the requirements and finish the counseling session, you will be given the Certificate of Attendance by SMEF-COW or PRISM which you will have to bring along with other pertinent documents, to the CFO, for registration. Once you already have your valid passport and spouse/partner visa, then you have to register with the CFO. You will then be issued the GCC as well as the CFO Sticker.

Important Notes:

The CFO and SMEF-COW have offices in Metro Manila and Metro Cebu. PRISM is in Metro Manila only. Visit the offices where it is most convenient.

Please check the schedule of the counseling session before proceeding to SMEF-COW or PRISM because it is country-specific and the slots are only limited. It is on a first-come-first-serve basis.

You may avail of the Guidance and Counseling Session even while you are still processing or waiting for your visa. If such is the case, you will only be issued the GCC. Once your visa is released, you will return to CFO to continue with your registration. The CFO sticker will then be affixed on your passport.

You will pay a fee totaling PhP 650.00. The PhP 250.00 is paid as counseling fee at SMEF-COW or PRISM while the PhP 400.00 is for registration at the CFO.

M

mrsh

Yes, it is required. Guidance Counselling for spouses of canadian citizens, and the rest PDOS

nhojq

Jan 21, 2011
Hello everyone,

Question lang po regarding CFO/PDOS thing...I just received my visa in manila and I am currently here in UAE. Do I need to attend to this CFO/PDOS thing even I am already here in UAE? Can I just go directly from here or do I need to go back to manila and fly from there?

Appreciate your replies... Thank you. more power!