+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is that the Job fair expo's are worth-full?

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Depends what kind of job you are looking for most of them are sales, call center, secretary and security guard

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No sorry, no luck for Engineers. You will need to obtain your Canadian citizenship first and look for real jobs south of the border

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Newtone is right. I have been to many of these. Those job fairs are attended by

1. Call centres, security agencies to attract non expensive labour. If there are banks there, they also mostly look to staff their call centres or front desks.
2. Employment agencies (non-profit) that mostly treat you like an ignorant individual, promising to magically transform your resume into a winning lottery ticket, but most of these advisors will not even have the intelligence to interpret your foreign credentials.
3. Government representatives fervently encouraging you to move to remote rural areas with "exceptional life quality"
4. Private colleges (that just got their accreditation) offering short expensive courses that promise you career success.

It does not hurt to go to these events as you will meet many other immigrants who may give you a useful piece of advice and you may get a survival job on the spot to get yourself into job market. I got a call centre job there - it helped me accummulate "canadian experience" and references who recommended me for my current "real" job.

CanadaPR2015

Sep 7, 2014
Katayoon said:
Newtone is right. I have been to many of these. Those job fairs are attended by

1. Call centres, security agencies to attract non expensive labour. If there are banks there, they also mostly look to staff their call centres or front desks.
2. Employment agencies (non-profit) that mostly treat you like an ignorant individual, promising to magically transform your resume into a winning lottery ticket, but most of these advisors will not even have the intelligence to interpret your foreign credentials.
3. Government representatives fervently encouraging you to move to remote rural areas with "exceptional life quality"
4. Private colleges (that just got their accreditation) offering short expensive courses that promise you career success.

It does not hurt to go to these events as you will meet many other immigrants who may give you a useful piece of advice and you may get a survival job on the spot to get yourself into job market. I got a call centre job there - it helped me accummulate "canadian experience" and references who recommended me for my current "real" job.
Thanks for sharing and thoughts Katayoon.
I also have around 2 yrs Canadian experience and still I'm working for a Canadian client from India for more than 5 years.

Lets hope for the best.

Thanks.