+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is SSN required for getting FBI police clearance certificate from USA?

periyarcanada

Apr 14, 2017
Hi,

I received ITA in the express entry draw on Apr 19th. I am in the process of accumulating all the required documents for filing my application. I have made multiple trips to the US in the last 10 years which add up to 174 days, to be on the safer side I would like to get a PCC from FBI, USA. Though I made business trips I never had a Social Security Number in the US. Is it mandatory to have SSN to get PCCI?

Can you please help with this question?

Thanks

periyarcanada

Apr 14, 2017
DEEPCUR said:
Not mandatory.
Okay, but I see that as a mandatory field in the application form - should I leave it? Also, my other question is how do they find my identity as there is no mention of passport number either, is it just by my finger prints then?

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
periyarcanada said:
Okay, but I see that as a mandatory field in the application form - should I leave it? Also, my other question is how do they find my identity as there is no mention of passport number either, is it just by my finger prints then?
Yeah, even I wonder how they validate just with finger prints. I presume last name and DOB is considered to be the key with which they can run through their databases. You can leave them empty.

Layla1234

Jan 23, 2014
AOR Received.
22-03-2017
periyarcanada said:
Hello,
I thought and worried about the same thing! My another police certificate from another country shows more detail such as passport #.
On the form I just put "N/A" in the SSN section and the report came with showing as SSN: xxx-xx-xxxx.
In the end FBI was able to complete their processing for my fingerprint request and gave me a report, so it should be fine. Good Luck!

rkaushik

Apr 22, 2015
Hi,

I received ITA in the express entry draw on Apr 19th. I am in the process of accumulating all the required documents for filing my application. I have made multiple trips to the US in the last 10 years which add up to 174 days, to be on the safer side I would like to get a PCC from FBI, USA. Though I made business trips I never had a Social Security Number in the US. Is it mandatory to have SSN to get PCCI?

Thanks
Hi,

Thanks
Hi periyarcanada,

I am in the same situation as yours. I have travelled to US in past 9 years on business trip and it adds upto 300 days. Have you got the PCC done in your case? If yes then can you please help me about the process of getting it while in India? Thanks in advance.

Regards

periyarcanada

Apr 14, 2017
Hi periyarcanada,

I am in the same situation as yours. I have travelled to US in past 9 years on business trip and it adds upto 300 days. Have you got the PCC done in your case? If yes then can you please help me about the process of getting it while in India? Thanks in advance.

Regards
Hi Kaushik,

Per the Express Entry guidelines, you require PCC for a country where you stayed more than 6 months cumulatively in the last 10 years (could be multiple travels and add up to 182 days). In your case you would need it for sure. The good part is SSN is not mandatory to get PCC from the US.

I am in Canada and submitted the application to FBI along with my finger prints. You can do the same while you are in India, I don't think there is a different procedure needed.

Let me know if you have more questions, happy to help.

rkaushik

Apr 22, 2015
Hi Kaushik,

Per the Express Entry guidelines, you require PCC for a country where you stayed more than 6 months cumulatively in the last 10 years (could be multiple travels and add up to 182 days). In your case you would need it for sure. The good part is SSN is not mandatory to get PCC from the US.

I am in Canada and submitted the application to FBI along with my finger prints. You can do the same while you are in India, I don't think there is a different procedure needed.

Let me know if you have more questions, happy to help.
Thanks periyarcanada. Appreciate you help!

Amar55

Jun 25, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-09-2017
Doc's Request.
22-09-2017
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
15-09-2017
IELTS Request
12-05-2017
File Transfer...
07-11-2017
Med's Done....
22-09-2017
Passport Req..
15-01-2018
VISA ISSUED...
27-01-2018
hey everybody,
i have a query.
i have visited usa a few times. 6 months,2 months and 28 days within a span of 3 years.
do i need a pcc from usa fbi ?
how to get it ?
i downloaded a form but it asks me about social security number and a set of fingerprints too...which i dont have as i was a visitor there.
i have no idea how to get the copy of fingerprints n all..
how to proceed in this case ?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
While the SSN is not required, the finger print is. In the US, the criminal database are stored based on biometric information, finger prints being the most important. Any person who has crossed path with law enforcement, no matter how small and even if he was later acquitted, is fingerprinted by the law enforcement. All states share this data with the federal government.

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
While the SSN is not required, the finger print is. In the US, the criminal database are stored based on biometric information, finger prints being the most important. Any person who has crossed path with law enforcement, no matter how small and even if he was later acquitted, is fingerprinted by the law enforcement. All states share this data with the federal government.
@legalfalcon I have a question.. It is being said that one could do fingerprints at home by themselves with inkpad for FBI. Many people themselves reported here that they had done that. If someone can fingerprint by themselves, and if they have criminal charge, they could send someone else fingerprints (someone without any crime) to fbi right? I understand that the crime will anyways show up in background check.. but is this not a loophole?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon I have a question.. It is being said that one could do fingerprints at home by themselves with inkpad for FBI. Many people themselves reported here that they had done that. If someone can fingerprint by themselves, and if they have criminal charge, they could send someone else fingerprints (someone without any crime) to fbi right? I understand that the crime will anyways show up in background check.. but is this not a loophole?
The FBI releases the report based on the fingerprints, and they are matched with your personal details, however, when your application is processed by IRCC a thorough BGC takes place, and since US is a partner nation which shares its databases with Canada, an applicants details are run through it. So the chances of getting away are very very slim. You can read my detailed post on BGC and what happens https://goo.gl/7wQ5CT

sunny_guyed

Jul 5, 2016
Hi,

Thanks

You do not need a social security number. You never had it so that is fine. This is a serious piece of document and everything will be attached to a person's SSN in the States. Goodluck

Amar55

Jun 25, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-09-2017
Doc's Request.
22-09-2017
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
15-09-2017
IELTS Request
12-05-2017
File Transfer...
07-11-2017
Med's Done....
22-09-2017
Passport Req..
15-01-2018
VISA ISSUED...
27-01-2018
A
Hi,

Thanks
Are u currently living in usa ?
How are you applying for the pcc frm
Fbi. I need the same as i have visited my family for an aggregate of 8-9 months in the past 3 yrs. please share the procedure of applying for the pcc frm fbi.

Thankyou.

periyarcanada

Apr 14, 2017
A

Are u currently living in usa ?
How are you applying for the pcc frm
Fbi. I need the same as i have visited my family for an aggregate of 8-9 months in the past 3 yrs. please share the procedure of applying for the pcc frm fbi.

Thankyou.
Hi,

I am not living in the US. I applied for PCC from Canada. Let me know if you still need any help. Happy to assist.