+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is spouse's bank letter required - POF?

md_uddin

Jul 18, 2017
Hi
Need assistance. I have started to gather all the documents required to apply for FSW. Regarding POF, we got more than the required fund. The POF consists of my savings (salary) and my spouse's savings (saving) which she transferred it into my bank account. To prove this large transfer, I will get a statutory declaration signed by my spouse stating all the necessary info needed and will also write a LOE explaining about the fund transfer from my spouse.

In this case, do I also have to provide bank letter and bank statement or bank statement only for my spouse as well, OR submitting my bank letter, bank statement, LOE and statutory from my spouse is enough?

Seniors please advice!

Last edited:

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
To meet the PoF requirement you need -

he applicant should provide an official letter(s) from one or more financial institutions that lists all current bank and investment accounts as well as outstanding debts, such as credit card debts and loans.
  • o The letter(s) must be printed on the letterhead of the financial institution and must include the applicant’s name, the contact information of the financial institution (address, telephone number and email address), the account numbers, the date each account was opened and the current balance of each account as well as the average balance for the past six months.

Showing funds held in joint accounts and spouse’s accounts
If an applicant’s spouse is accompanying, the applicant can show the funds held together in a joint account to meet the PoF requirement. However, to be able to show the funds for meeting the PoF requirement, held in an account under the spouse’s name only, the applicant must prove that they have access to the funds. This can me done by the spouse executing an affidavit affirming that the funds held in the spouse’s account can be used by the applicant for the purpose of meeting the PoF requirements.

Similarly, if an applicant has a joint account with their parent, then the parent will have to execute an affidavit affirming that the funds held in the joint account can be used by the applicant for the purpose of meeting the PoF requirements.

For more details see - https://www.getgcms.com/blog/proof-funds-requirement-express-entry/

Reactions: IndoKori

md_uddin

Jul 18, 2017
Do i need to provide 6 month bank statement and bank letter for my spouse? Or i ll give mine only as sll the funds are in my account now. Please advise @legalfalcon

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
If an applicant’s spouse is accompanying, the applicant can show the funds held together in a joint account to meet the PoF requirement. However, to be able to show the funds for meeting the PoF requirement, held in an account under the spouse’s name only, the applicant must prove that they have access to the funds. This can me done by the spouse executing an affidavit affirming that the funds held in the spouse’s account can be used by the applicant for the purpose of meeting the PoF requirements.

Similarly, if an applicant has a joint account with their parent, then the parent will have to execute an affidavit affirming that the funds held in the joint account can be used by the applicant for the purpose of meeting the PoF requirements.

https://www.getgcms.com/blog/proof-funds-requirement-express-entry/

md_uddin

Jul 18, 2017

https://www.getgcms.com/blog/proof-funds-requirement-express-entry/
Thanks for ur reply. I completely understand what you wrote. But, what i want to know is, do I have to submit my spouse's bank statement or bank letter to support the large sum transfered in my account (i am not showing a joint account or spose's bank account) OR i should just write a LoE with details of the transfer?
Advise pls!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thanks for ur reply. I completely understand what you wrote. But, what i want to know is, do I have to submit my spouse's bank statement or bank letter to support the large sum transfered in my account (i am not showing a joint account or spose's bank account) OR i should just write a LoE with details of the transfer?
Advise pls!
The LoE is sufficient, and with the LoE you can attach the transaction statement, or you spouses account statement, showing the exact amount withdrawn.

anandekraj

Jun 6, 2018
Do i need to provide 6 month bank statement and bank letter for my spouse? Or i ll give mine only as sll the funds are in my account now. Please advise @legalfalcon
Hi, can you help me... I am. In same situation.... What you did... Did you give bank statement and bank letter for your wife also