+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is Spouse Reference Letter Required?

ay238

Star Member
Feb 5, 2016
Is it required to get a reference letter with roles and responsibilities for spouse? I hope for spouse's older jobs only relieving letter with tenure and designation etc. are OK? And I also hope for the current job joining letter and pay stubs will be OK?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes if you're claiming points for his/her canadian work experience.

If it is foreign then remove it from the work history as it is completely irrelevant to your application and add it only in the personal history section once you obtain your ITA. No proof of employment will be required.

Reactions: newtoexpressentry

ngans

Jun 17, 2017
I am main applicant and I have removed all work history of my husband as it doesn't claim points. All job records (out of Canada) remain under his Personal History though. However, now I see his Work History section becomes "In progress" instead of completed. Kindly advise what I should do with this.

ngans

Jun 17, 2017
I am main applicant and I have removed all work history of my husband as it doesn't claim points. All job records (out of Canada) remain under his Personal History though. However, now I see his Work History section becomes "In progress" instead of completed. Kindly advise what I should do with this.
I have solved this by selecting "No" under work history...too nervous...
Now the question is whether I need to do a LOE for removing the work history of my husband as we have jobs listed before ITA.

ALN9ja

Aug 10, 2017
I have solved this by selecting "No" under work history...too nervous...
Now the question is whether I need to do a LOE for removing the work history of my husband as we have jobs listed before ITA.

Hi can you please let me know what you did about your spouse's work history after all?

ngans

Jun 17, 2017
Hi can you please let me know what you did about your spouse's work history after all?
As I recalled, I chose No as said because they won't earn points. Haven't explained this in LOE and it should be fine as I wasn't questioned for this.