+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is Spouse Cousin brother considered as Relative

sanmacviv

Jun 14, 2016
Hi
While creating main principal applicant Express Entry profile I shall add my spouse(wife) details as accompanying to Canada. She has her cousin brother who is a PR in Canada. Can I add him as RELATIVE LIVING IN CANADA? Will I get extra points for that?

Is there any way this cousin could help obtain more CRS Points to me?

If we get PR then is it mandatory for wife to come along with me or can her travel be delayed? If yes within how many months she has to land up in Canada?

What would be the least income required every month for couples to stay in Canada,as this will help to choose job offers

In Saskatwchen PNP (International Skilled Worker Category), I read that cousins are considered as family relative in Canada who can fetch you 20points extra. Is this true?
Thanks

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Maybe explain the term 'Spouse Cousin brother' so there is no confusion what you mean by cousin. What is exact relationship/definition in your mind with 'brother' tagged on versus the standard definition of cousin .

Here I guess is the application grid you are referring to for others info page 2 http://publications.gov.sk.ca/documents/310/89684-ISW%20SEE%20Point%20Assessment%20Grid-May10%202016.pdf

Anyway its you applying as the principal applicant not your spouse so dont see how you could claim any points for your spouse's cousin who is only related to you through marriage so not your actual family relative

sanmacviv

Jun 14, 2016
Yep,
He would be actually called "COUSIN" of my spouse.
As per the web-link given for Saskatchewan it clearly reads as below:

"""Close relative in Saskatchewan (You or your accompanying spouse has a close relative that is a Canadian citizen or permanent
resident living in Saskatchewan. This includes: parent, sibling, grandparent, aunt, uncle, niece, nephew, cousin and step-family members or in-laws of the same relationships. The family members in Saskatchewan must meet the requirements in the Application Process (link to it)) - Gets 20 points """""

Whereas Express Entry data from CIC website never says COUSIN is considered as Family Relative.

So PNP is a better way to get more points though
Rgds
Santhosh

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Yes I misread it and including your spouse in the application according that text should qualify for 20 points assuming of course you get enough points on the rest of the qualification plus the relatives meet whatever their requirements are . Overall seems very generous going through that many relatives but maybe they have challenges attracting people.

If I read correctly quota reached for 2016.

Cousin of spouse I understand just not the brother part tagged on the end.

shryta234

Nov 6, 2017
Hi All,

I have similar query but the difference would be ,While creating main principal applicant Express Entry profile,Can I add my Cousin Brother details as RELATIVE LIVING IN CANADA(he is a PR in canada)? Will I get extra points for that?

Br,
Shruti

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi All,

I have similar query but the difference would be ,While creating main principal applicant Express Entry profile,Can I add my Cousin Brother details as RELATIVE LIVING IN CANADA(he is a PR in canada)? Will I get extra points for that?

Br,
Shruti
There is no "cousin brother". Either he is a cousin or a brother.