+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is SOP mandatory for study permit visa application? On my list of forms it doesnt mention so anywhere

wakongah

Star Member
Apr 11, 2022
It’s not mandatory but it’s the only place you can address weaknesses/gaps in your application so most people write one.

Reactions: Debstudio

Debstudio

Jan 4, 2021
And How do I add both Older sibling and One parent as my financial supporters for my study visa?

Should I have 2 separate letters from each and a third SOP from me stating how much individually they would be investing in me? or do I make a common letter ?

Should bifurcate how much each would invest by stating one would pay for tuition and one for living expenses? Or do I keep it generic?
I am adding the sibling cause they have a regular income and live in the UK as opposed to my retired parent, and I feel this would be of greater advantage, but I'm afraid it may come across as not too certain. Can some one guide me with an approach toward addressing my sufficient funds?
essentially I thought of showing - 10000CA for GIC
10000 CA by parent
10000CA by my sibling.
thus show casing a total of 30k CA which is 5K more than what I would require based on calculations.

Do I specify who will pay how much or do I just keep it generic along with bank statements?

RamSatt

Mar 8, 2021
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
09-12-2020
Med's Done....
15-11-2020
Passport Req..
17-03-2021
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2021
LANDED..........
19-04-2021
Upload the financial proofs, the SOP, and any proof of income related to your sibling in the client information document. At the end of your SOP, where you talk about your family, mention how much your sibling, and your father is going to support you with, and what it will be used for. :)

Reactions: Debstudio

Debstudio

Jan 4, 2021
Upload the financial proofs, the SOP, and any proof of income related to your sibling in the client information document. At the end of your SOP, where you talk about your family, mention how much your sibling, and your father is going to support you with, and what it will be used for. :)
Thank you :D