Apr 28, 2009
I am applying for citizenship in may
I just got CBSA entry exit reports
I have 68 day trips to USA
I have 40 overnight trips of one day to USA
I have over 7 weeks of other trips outside USA

I meet 1095 days requirement but I am self employed most of the time
Do u guys think my RQ is confirmed due to all this
Any information on how to avoid RQ - I am considering sending CBSA report with application and sending with 15 extra days

Thanks in advance

Halloum

Star Member
Apr 7, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How many trips outide USA? Do you have a record of entry for these or a stamp? I recommend that you have an extra day for every trip outside USA.
Should we assume you are entering US via a Visa?
Are there any entires missing from the CBSA report or is it a complete report?
Avg trips to US alone is a trip every 10 days. That's a lot. Although day trips are not considered absences they still need to be disclosed. If I were an immigration officer I would question your status in the US. Make sure you explain the reasons for the trips.
i think attaching the report is a good idea particularly if it maps well to the stamps in your passport.

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jckdry said:

Any information on how to avoid RQ - I am considering sending CBSA report with application and sending with 15 extra days

Thanks in advance
Interesting question...i dont think anyone in this forum could tell you how to avoid RQ. Just make sure you make copies of every page on your passport when you submit your application. And on the application form, be ver specific on date of trips outside of Canada. Attach supporting documents with your days calculation page.

You may not get any RQ..who knows!

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jckdry said:

Thanks in advance
Only way not to get an RQ is not to apply for Citizenship but that defeats the objective. RQ issued if there are concerns/ triggers on declared residence or for programme integrity/ quality control.

Self employment with travel is a trigger for RQ. Your status in the US is another trigger..do you have a GC? Make sure your application is thorough and your declared travel is correct. Having a buffer is useful in case you make an error in your calculations. No need to include CBSA records as the application form has a consent section. CIC will RQ regardless of you sending CBSA records if they deem this is not conclusive evidence.

jckdry

Apr 28, 2009
Even CBSA report is missing few entries in canada
I am not a US GC holder and NOW I only have a tourist visa (B1/B2) in USA but I dont have to scan passport everytime as I have NEXUS card and US doesnt ask to see my passport every time
I used to be student in USA and then work visa in USA before I moved to canada on perm residency

I am definately sending them CBSA report and a brief letter explaining this situation
Maybe get lettter from USA border services about all the entries in USA
I own a house in canada, have drivers license and insurance papers - but those I will save to send if I get RQ
What else I could do??

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jckdry said:
Even CBSA report is missing few entries in canada
I am not a US GC holder and NOW I only have a tourist visa (B1/B2) in USA but I dont have to scan passport everytime as I have NEXUS card and US doesnt ask to see my passport every time
I used to be student in USA and then work visa in USA before I moved to canada on perm residency

I am definately sending them CBSA report and a brief letter explaining this situation
Maybe get lettter from USA border services about all the entries in USA
I own a house in canada, have drivers license and insurance papers - but those I will save to send if I get RQ
What else I could do??
1. Sorry not what you want to hear but there is no way to guarantee you/ any applicant will not get a RQ...some people have your profile and get RQ'd some don't...some who never left Canada get RQ'd some don't. If its for program integrity reasons then nothing you can do about that either. You just have to deal with the RQ if/when you get it.

2. Any form of US work/residence visa especially if valid during the 4 year qualifying period can also be an RQ trigger. Sure submit your CBSA report with the application for peace of mind. US CBP border entry requests are reportedly taking 6+ months to get so its going to be a long wait.