+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is Reference Letter Alone A Sufficient Proof of Work?

omarkhan

Oct 12, 2016
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Islamabad
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-08-2017
AOR Received.
11-08-2017
Passport Req..
08/09/2017
Hi all:

I wonder if the reference letter alone is sufficient or would I have to attach the pay stubs, upload employment offer letter and employee card also. The problem is that I have worked in the same organization and same position (university lecturer) first on a one year renewable contract for three years, which was then made into a permanent job since 2010. Now, i have all the pay stubs and employment regularization notification since 2010, but have nothing prior to that. I have a perfect reference letter from the head of my department that covers the complete period, both contract based and permanent. What do you suggest should I do? Should I just skip over the three years contract based job? Or would the reference letter alone be enough? I must mention that my duties and working hours remained same all through my career. Please advise. Thank

rickyhanzhang

Star Member
May 13, 2017
Hi all:

I wonder if the reference letter alone is sufficient or would I have to attach the pay stubs, upload employment offer letter and employee card also. The problem is that I have worked in the same organization and same position (university lecturer) first on a one year renewable contract for three years, which was then made into a permanent job since 2010. Now, i have all the pay stubs and employment regularization notification since 2010, but have nothing prior to that. I have a perfect reference letter from the head of my department that covers the complete period, both contract based and permanent. What do you suggest should I do? Should I just skip over the three years contract based job? Or would the reference letter alone be enough? I must mention that my duties and working hours remained same all through my career. Please advise. Thank
In my home country, companies dont usually provide paystubs. So all I have is reference letter. A little worried too...waiting for other replies.

omarkhan

Oct 12, 2016
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Islamabad
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-08-2017
AOR Received.
11-08-2017
Passport Req..
08/09/2017
In my home country, companies dont usually provide paystubs. So all I have is reference letter. A little worried too...waiting for other replies.
In my case the paystubs are neither signed nor stamped.

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017
In express entry, you get maximum points for 3 years of employment hence it's not necessary to include all the jobs that you've held in the last 10 years.

I think you can safely remove your work experience for which you don't have proof of employment (in post ITA application, this can be moved to personal history). It won't affect your CRS score - I know because I've done the same thing before receiving NOI from Ontario. I don't have reference letters from some of the previous jobs I've held so I simply removed them when I recreated my profile.

As far as proof of employment is concerned, it's best to have more than to have less because sometimes CIC asks for supplementary proof.

Would it be possible for you to for arrange bank statements from your salary account? Usually the statements of your first and last month of employment is what's required to convince CIC. I'll be doing the same thing so I thought I'd share this with you.

Best wishes.

Reactions: Nimrod

omarkhan

Oct 12, 2016
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Islamabad
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-08-2017
AOR Received.
11-08-2017
Passport Req..
08/09/2017
Hi
In express entry, you get maximum points for 3 years of employment hence it's not necessary to include all the jobs that you've held in the last 10 years.

I think you can safely remove your work experience for which you don't have proof of employment (in post ITA application, this can be moved to personal history). It won't affect your CRS score - I know because I've done the same thing before receiving NOI from Ontario. I don't have reference letters from some of the previous jobs I've held so I simply removed them when I recreated my profile.

As far as proof of employment is concerned, it's best to have more than to have less because sometimes CIC asks for supplementary proof.

Would it be possible for you to for arrange bank statements from your salary account? Usually the statements of your first and last month of employment is what's required to convince CIC. I'll be doing the same thing so I thought I'd share this with you.

Best wishes.
Hi,

I am not sure about the bank statement for the first month of salary but I can surely produce the statement of last month. On the other hand, I do have the pay slips/stubs for everh month since my job regularized. They are not stamped or signed though.

Thank you for making it clear. I'm also going to put my earlier experience simply in my personal history. This post ITA phase is a tough one, i'd say. So many confusions.

Thanks a lot. And best Wishes.

nadiakhalid2

Star Member
Feb 18, 2016
Hello
What if someone is receiving pay in cash? In my case, i receive pay in cash and usually I dont bother to submit it into my bank account so i just have my pay slips which show the pay in cash mode. What should I do? just submit reference letter, offer letter and pay stubs of last few months?

omarkhan

Oct 12, 2016
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Islamabad
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-08-2017
AOR Received.
11-08-2017
Passport Req..
08/09/2017
Hello
What if someone is receiving pay in cash? In my case, i receive pay in cash and usually I dont bother to submit it into my bank account so i just have my pay slips which show the pay in cash mode. What should I do? just submit reference letter, offer letter and pay stubs of last few months?
I think these should do. In case of pay stubs, it would be ideal if you show for the first three months and last three months at your job. However, let other members also suggest.

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017
Hi

Hi,

I am not sure about the bank statement for the first month of salary but I can surely produce the statement of last month. On the other hand, I do have the pay slips/stubs for everh month since my job regularized. They are not stamped or signed though.

Thank you for making it clear. I'm also going to put my earlier experience simply in my personal history. This post ITA phase is a tough one, i'd say. So many confusions.

Thanks a lot. And best Wishes.
I can imagine how tough it would be post ITA and thank God for this forum and all the information and support available here!

Good luck with everything.

Reactions: omarkhan

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017
Hello
Seems sufficient. Good luck.

omarkhan

Oct 12, 2016
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Islamabad
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-08-2017
AOR Received.
11-08-2017
Passport Req..
08/09/2017
I can imagine how tough it would be post ITA and thank God for this forum and all the information and support available here!

Good luck with everything.
Very true. Thanks.