+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is Quebec province suitable for electrical engineering jobs?

alihassan90

Jan 13, 2019
Hi people,

I am aiming to move to canada in 2019. I possess masters in electrical engineering and finding a job in Canada. While express entry is the main goal but my point score is not that much high given my degree is outside canada and other reasons for which I am exploring the PNP program. Now I have no idea and no one in canada who can guide me about which province to target. An advice from you guys would be helpful. My question is about Quebec and opportunities for electrical engg jobs there.

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Hi people,

I am aiming to move to canada in 2019. I possess masters in electrical engineering and finding a job in Canada. While express entry is the main goal but my point score is not that much high given my degree is outside canada and other reasons for which I am exploring the PNP program. Now I have no idea and no one in canada who can guide me about which province to target. An advice from you guys would be helpful. My question is about Quebec and opportunities for electrical engg jobs there.
Quebec immigration is slowest out of all the provinces. It might take years to get csq. Also electrical engineering jobs are there but there's adequate supply also. French proficiency is another factor. New government here has slashed immigration quota by 10% so much more slow process now onwards.
Quebec is not a very immigrants friendly place. Lot of immigrants are moving out of the province for similar reason

alihassan90

Jan 13, 2019
Quebec immigration is slowest out of all the provinces. It might take years to get csq. Also electrical engineering jobs are there but there's adequate supply also. French proficiency is another factor. New government here has slashed immigration quota by 10% so much more slow process now onwards.
Quebec is not a very immigrants friendly place. Lot of immigrants are moving out of the province for similar reason
Thanks for your reply.

What would you then suggest me. which province I should focus on? and is it possible to like try for several provinces in parallel.
Good day

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Thanks for your reply.

What would you then suggest me. which province I should focus on? and is it possible to like try for several provinces in parallel.
Good day
Anything is better than Quebec.

Try Manitoba, Alberta or Saskatchewan PNP

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Quebec should be you last choice if you don't speak/write French unless you work in somme IT fields. Have you looked whether there are actually job opportunities in your field in Canada? Engineering jobs are very competitive to get. Do you have experience in a multinational firm or international setting? Alberta's economy still hasn't recovered from the decrease in oil prices. Would really focus on researching where the job openings are in your field.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
I would encourage you to consider other countries, not just other provinces. Do your research very well for your field. Explore LinkedIn and Indeed for the current openings in Canada, and see the requirements and how many openings are there in a given time. Canada is a small country, economically speaking, despite the large land mass. The job market's demand isn't high, and Canada accepts 400K+ immigrants every year, who compete with the locals on these jobs. If you decide to move to Canada eventually, be mentally prepared to work on low wage jobs to survive.