+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is personnel officer at company same as HR?

prashant89

Aug 6, 2019
Hello,

I wanted to know if a personnel officer required by Canada is the same as HR. Or is it someone else?

Also, I re-joined a company that I used to work previously under a different role. So I am getting 2 separate reference letters from this company. Can I tell my HR to use the same template for both my roles and request them to simply change roles and responsibilities in each letter? Will the officer (Canada) have issues if both my letters look the same?

My managers are ready to give me letters as well but I figured it will be easy to use the same template by getting them from the HR (provided HR is a personnel officer?).

Please give me your suggestions.

Thank you very much for all your help.

ps: Reposting this as I was not able to find thfirst post anywhere.

subodhp

Jun 19, 2019
Toronto
Hello,

I wanted to know if a personnel officer required by Canada is the same as HR. Or is it someone else?

Also, I re-joined a company that I used to work previously under a different role. So I am getting 2 separate reference letters from this company. Can I tell my HR to use the same template for both my roles and request them to simply change roles and responsibilities in each letter? Will the officer (Canada) have issues if both my letters look the same?

My managers are ready to give me letters as well but I figured it will be easy to use the same template by getting them from the HR (provided HR is a personnel officer?).

Please give me your suggestions.

Thank you very much for all your help.

ps: Reposting this as I was not able to find thfirst post anywhere.
Same as hr
Should be fine to get two letters that differ only in roles, make sure they mention dates so that it is clear

prashant89

Aug 6, 2019
Thanks @subodhp, a followup question:

I quit at my current company a couple of years back and re-joined them a year later in a new position later. I have listed 2 separate NOC codes for both the positions in my EE profile. Is it still ideal to get "1" reference letter from the HR?

Thanks once again.

subodhp

Jun 19, 2019
Toronto
Thanks @subodhp, a followup question:

I quit at my current company a couple of years back and re-joined them a year later in a new position later. I have listed 2 separate NOC codes for both the positions in my EE profile. Is it still ideal to get "1" reference letter from the HR?

Thanks once again.
You would need to upload separate documents for separate parts of your work experience so might as well get separate letters