+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is PCC required for applicants of FSW category in August

hope73

Nov 16, 2009
Hi all,

I am aware that PCC is required to be submitted along with the application package to CIO after 27 June ,2010.

But, now the website www.cic.gc.ca says

Note: Do not submit your police certificates to the CIO. If your application is placed into processing, you will be required to submit the police certificates to the Canadian visa office indicated on your application.

Pl.refer http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/EG77.asp

Please provide some clarification, whether to include PCC or not.
I intend to apply in third week of August from India.

Thanks in advance.

ankit_20

VIP Member
Dec 7, 2009
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Please see a excerpt from the instruction guide

You must also submit the documents listed on the visa office specific document checklist with your application.
To determine what documents you will need to provide, consult the Visa Office specific requirements (supporting documents) for your country at:
www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/skilled-mission.asp.

The visa office specific document checklist mentions PCC. So you need to submit the PCC to CIO

The link that you have provided was last updated in March and the rule changes have happened in June. So according to new rules u need to send PCC to CIO

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Sorry Ankit, those are the current instructions since 2010-08-03 - that is AUGUST 3, not March 8. Do NOT submit PCCs to CIO. If you download the current instruction guide, you'll see it was updated on the same date.

Yes, it seems that the current information is bit contradictory, but the good news is, it seems like there is a little more realism and flexibility in the current rules for PCCs.

ankit_20

VIP Member
Dec 7, 2009
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@hope73 I agree with jes_ON

After going through the guide again, you need not send the police certificate to CIO

What baffles me though is that in the same instruction guide they have asked to send all docs mentioned in Visa Office specific requirements and PCC is one of them. So Instruction guide has some contradiction.

@jes_ON Thanks for correcting me, +1 for getting the correct info on thread

ammaartahir

Jun 30, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
12-12-12
So, should we send the PCC's with the application or not??

sati

Star Member
Aug 3, 2010
guys please help....

Since birth I have resided in Delhi for 30 years, in Karnal for 5 years and presently in punjab since 3 years.
Do I need to get PCC from all the stations i.e. Delhi, karnal and punjab?

ammaartahir

Jun 30, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
12-12-12
sati said:
guys please help....

Since birth I have resided in Delhi for 30 years, in Karnal for 5 years and presently in punjab since 3 years.
well it varies from country to country. Like in Pakistan, we need to get PCC from every city in which we resided for more than 6 months! I believe, in your case, you'd have to get the PCC from all cities. It's a bit hectic process. Hope that helps!

ankit_20

VIP Member
Dec 7, 2009
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sati said:
guys please help....

Just One PCC from your current address will do.