+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is PCC obtained through Mahaonline Valid?

shruti.ram21

Aug 28, 2018
Hi All,

I had query regarding PCC. I currently reside in USA and had applied for PCC through Chicago Embassy, two months back. They said they had forwarded my PP form to RPO,Pune. I have tried contacting RPO,Pune several times through phone and email and have not received any response. I asked my father to enquire at the local police station at Pune and they informed us that PCC can be obtained from Mahaonline portal. I did the same and have received PCC from the Police Commissioner of Pune and will also get it apostilled from the Ministry of External Affairs,Mumbai.

I wanted to know if this Police Clearance will suffice for my period of stay in Pune, India. Also note that, there has been no address change since the time I left the country. I have obtained clearance from FBI for my stay in USA.

Any information in this regard will be of great help for us to get ready for our application for PR in Canada!

Thanks,
Shruti

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
I think its sufficient If you only lived in pune during the entire stay in india. Otherwise you need it from a psk.

Histrionics

Nov 22, 2017
India
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-10-2017
Nomination.....
No
AOR Received.
31-03-2018
Med's Done....
21-03-2018
Passport Req..
21-06-2018
The safest bet is to always apply for an Indian PCC to the PSK since it covers the entire country. I would recommend you explore how to get the PCC that covers India, in your case you might have to approach the local Indian embassy.

Last edited:

ajithj

May 1, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
2017-Mar
AOR Received.
2017-Mar
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
2017-Mar
Passport Req..
2017-May
LANDED..........
2017-Jun
Since you are in USA. Only the PCC from Indian embassy is valid.

Reactions: Histrionics

karthik506

Apr 5, 2016
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
4011 & 4012
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
07-05-2017
AOR Received.
07-05-2017
Get a valid PCC from any Indian embassy in USA

shruti.ram21

Aug 28, 2018
Thank you all for your quick response :) Yes,I had applied at Chicago embassy in June. I dont know why it is taking so long for the embassy to issue my PCC, its been more than 2 months and they still say "Reminder sent to Pune RPO". Hoping they respond soon.

shruti.ram21

Aug 28, 2018
Hi All,

One more query. I am not the primary applicant here and my husband is the primary applicant. He already has obtained the PCC from Chicago embassy. I have obtained PCC from Police Commissioner's office,Pune which covers my entire stay in Pune since birth.

I understand that I should ideally get it from the Indian Embassy in USA, however it is stuck in the process for more than 2 months and there has been no movement.

Just wanted to check if anybody is in the same situation and got through with PCC obtained from Police Commissioner's office for spouse.

Your experience will help me out a lot.
Thanks.

kingmourya

Mar 28, 2014
Hi All,

One more query. I am not the primary applicant here and my husband is the primary applicant. He already has obtained the PCC from Chicago embassy. I have obtained PCC from Police Commissioner's office,Pune which covers my entire stay in Pune since birth.

I understand that I should ideally get it from the Indian Embassy in USA, however it is stuck in the process for more than 2 months and there has been no movement.

Just wanted to check if anybody is in the same situation and got through with PCC obtained from Police Commissioner's office for spouse.

Your experience will help me out a lot.
Thanks.
Did you get the PCC from Indian Consulate/Embassy in USA? how long it took?

Last edited:

shruti.ram21

Aug 28, 2018
Did you get the PCC from Indian Consulate/Embassy in USA? how long it took?
If your passport was reissued in USA, they generally grant your PCC within a week. My passport was reissued in India, so Chicago Embassy forwarded my PP form to RPO,Pune. Once they receive clearance from RPO, they issue PCC. I dont know what was the glitch there, but RPO,Pune took too long to send my clearance. I tried contacting Pune RPO through phone and email but no response. I finally contacted them through Twitter, they are somehow very active on Twitter. They responded immediately saying, "My PP form has been forwarded to Police Commissioner's office and are awaiting their response."

Alternatively, my father went to the local Police Station and they told him to apply for PCC via Mahaonline Portal. I applied there, uploaded the necessary documents (only accepted in jpeg format). They issued my PCC from Police Commissioner's office within 15 days. My father then got it apostilled from Ministry of External Affairs and sent it to me. I am assuming that this PCC should suffice as it covers my stay in India and my address never changed.

I explained this situation to Chicago Embassy and they said they can grant the PCC if I provided the apostilled copy. I sent them the scanned copy and then they issued PCC within two weeks.

The whole procedure was awfully slow and painful. I finally received my PCC from Indian Consulate after 2 and a half months. (I had applied in July at Chicago Embassy and received it in September)

This is just one unusual scenario, most of the RPO's respond immediately and the embassy grants PCC within a week. I narrated the entire story just so that it could be of some help for anyone going through the same boat. :)

Reactions: kingmourya

ajithj

May 1, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
2017-Mar
AOR Received.
2017-Mar
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
2017-Mar
Passport Req..
2017-May
LANDED..........
2017-Jun
If your passport was reissued in USA, they generally grant your PCC within a week. My passport was reissued in India, so Chicago Embassy forwarded my PP form to RPO,Pune. Once they receive clearance from RPO, they issue PCC. I dont know what was the glitch there, but RPO,Pune took too long to send my clearance. I tried contacting Pune RPO through phone and email but no response. I finally contacted them through Twitter, they are somehow very active on Twitter. They responded immediately saying, "My PP form has been forwarded to Police Commissioner's office and are awaiting their response."

Alternatively, my father went to the local Police Station and they told him to apply for PCC via Mahaonline Portal. I applied there, uploaded the necessary documents (only accepted in jpeg format). They issued my PCC from Police Commissioner's office within 15 days. My father then got it apostilled from Ministry of External Affairs and sent it to me. I am assuming that this PCC should suffice as it covers my stay in India and my address never changed.

I explained this situation to Chicago Embassy and they said they can grant the PCC if I provided the apostilled copy. I sent them the scanned copy and then they issued PCC within two weeks.

The whole procedure was awfully slow and painful. I finally received my PCC from Indian Consulate after 2 and a half months. (I had applied in July at Chicago Embassy and received it in September)

This is just one unusual scenario, most of the RPO's respond immediately and the embassy grants PCC within a week. I narrated the entire story just so that it could be of some help for anyone going through the same boat. :)
Use the PCC provided by the embassy while applying.

kingmourya

Mar 28, 2014

Thank you for the detailed response, Shruti. I am also in the similar boat in terms of timeline. I have not applied on mahaonline portal though.