+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is paying the tuition fees and purchasing GIC mandatory for study permit inIndia

aman11990

May 24, 2013
Hi,

I am gonna apply for study permit for coming fall next week in New Delhi, India. Actually i am stucked in a problem. My counselor is saying that paying tuition fees and purchasing GIC is not mandatory for University case, we can proceed by showing the funds only. But i have heard from a lot of places that paying the tuition fees and purchasing the GIC is mandatory (as mentioned in new checklist for University).

Will it affect my application if I submit my application without paying the tuition fees and GIC?

Waiting for an early response.

Thanks

manoj katta

Star Member
Feb 17, 2013
hey !!!

GIC and Paying the tutuion fee is mandatory wheather its a university or college the mentioned is a must as per the new rule by the canadian govt. and funds come later

BTW which univ and course did u opt for.. :)

Manpreet_rieit

Star Member
Feb 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Under University category - paying tuition fees for atleast 1st semester is a mandate. And for living expenses... either you can take GIC or Edu. loan equivalent to $CAD 10k. In case of living expenses you have to take Edu. loan if you are not going for GIC. You dont have a choice

Thatz it.... under SPP GIC is necessary. You can't even take loan.

And No .. it won't affect your application...bcoz they won't even consider your application :p

Therefore, you have to pay tuition fee(atleast for 1st sem) and take Edu. loan or GIC. Simple ;D

aman11990

May 24, 2013
manoj katta said:
hey !!!

GIC and Paying the tutuion fee is mandatory wheather its a university or college the mentioned is a must as per the new rule by the canadian govt. and funds come later

BTW which univ and course did u opt for.. :)
Hi...I am going for MEng in Electrical Eng. in Concordia...But in the university checklist pdf its mentioned under "things which are strongly recommended" not mandatory things...Pls suggest...

aman11990

May 24, 2013
Manpreet_rieit said:
Under University category - paying tuition fees for atleast 1st semester is a mandate. And for living expenses... either you can take GIC or Edu. loan equivalent to $CAD 10k. In case of living expenses you have to take Edu. loan if you are not going for GIC. You dont have a choice

Thatz it.... under SPP GIC is necessary. You can't even take loan.

And No .. it won't affect your application...bcoz they won't even consider your application :p

Therefore, you have to pay tuition fee(atleast for 1st sem) and take Edu. loan or GIC. Simple ;D
dude same question goes to u...in the university checklist pdf its mention under "things that are strongly recommended" not mandatory...so how come its mandatory...Kindly suggest...

Revartio

Mar 6, 2013
In the application guide it was mentioned that the documents should be placed in the following order,

Scan all documents in ONE SINGLE PDF File, in the following order:
I. Signed copy of the Scotiabank Student GIC Program Application Form.
II. Copy of passport pages (photograph page and the last page with signature)
III. Copy of acceptance letter from a Canadian educational institution
All copies MUST be signed by the student

Is it mandatory to place them in the same order. I placed in the following order I,III,II ... :(
Also in the subject line should we give our name ,passport number and DOB ?

Pl tell will my application be rejected??

danny4u2013

Star Member
Apr 24, 2013
Victoria, BC
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
18-08-2013
i also want to know if GIC is mandatory , is it a very new rule , please if anyone knows more about it ,when was it made mandatory

ms.mech

Jul 21, 2012
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
22-12-2017
AOR Received.
11-03-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
With File
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-2017
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
GIC is mandaory under SPP only.

In case of University/General category you can either purchase GIC or show $10K worth education loan for living expenses.

But I or anyone will highly recommend you to purchase GIC because it will surely strengthen you case.

Rest is you Choice, whatever you want to do.

Best Of Luck.

aman11990

May 24, 2013
ms.mech said:
GIC is mandaory under SPP only.

In case of University/General category you can either purchase GIC or show $10K worth education loan for living expenses.

But I or anyone will highly recommend you to purchase GIC because it will surely strengthen you case.

Rest is you Choice, whatever you want to do.

Best Of Luck.
okieee...thx dude..

raunaq123

Mar 17, 2013
Hi, in the University checklist for visa documents , it is written that sufficient funds but there is no mention of paying tuition fees. Can you please tell me where it is stated in the visa site that tuition fee payment is necessary or mandatory. Thanks

raunaq123

Mar 17, 2013
If you see in the visa site

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study-how-documents.asp

Under Section 3
You can prove that you have sufficient funds to support yourself in Canada by showing some of the following.

I have shown more than enough of what is written in acceptance letter in terms of Loan and Bank statements. Wouldn't that suffice that there are sufficient funds?

cute_guy

Feb 7, 2013
raunaq123 said:
Hi, in the University checklist for visa documents , it is written that sufficient funds but there is no mention of paying tuition fees. Can you please tell me where it is stated in the visa site that tuition fee payment is necessary or mandatory. Thanks
FYI...I applied under Univ cat and did not paid any tution fees, just showed funds and got visa in 5days.

Best of Luck

raunaq123

Mar 17, 2013
That is great! Thanks for this info :)

Cheers!

cute_guy said:
FYI...I applied under Univ cat and did not paid any tution fees, just showed funds and got visa in 5days.

Best of Luck

upendra

Jul 5, 2013
aman11990 said:
Hi,

I am gonna apply for study permit for coming fall next week in New Delhi, India. Actually i am stucked in a problem. My counselor is saying that paying tuition fees and purchasing GIC is not mandatory for University case, we can proceed by showing the funds only. But i have heard from a lot of places that paying the tuition fees and purchasing the GIC is mandatory (as mentioned in new checklist for University).

Will it affect my application if I submit my application without paying the tuition fees and GIC?

Waiting for an early response.

Thanks

under ssp it says gic is mandatory , however u go by generic checklist or university, Loan letter serves the purpose.... cheers

rkapoor

Feb 17, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cute_guy said:

Best of Luck

Hello
cute guy

I want to know how much funds and and in what form you have showed funds.
even I am applying under university category
Like: ITR amount?
Liquid funds
bank statement
Would be a great help for me