+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is OINP Express Entry or Express Entry faster for PR?

titanik

Aug 28, 2021
Toronto
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
22-07-2023
Hello

Is OINP Express Entry or Express Entry itself faster to receive a PR? Does anyone know their processing times to compare? I've been waiting for CEC draws and hesitant to get into anything else due to the higher waiting times. I'd really appreciate it if anyone could shed some light on it. Thanks!

Ultraxion

May 10, 2022
The processing time given by IRCC is heavily biased. It tracks the processing time of all recently approved case, which some of them being pre-pendemic backlog. Actually what ppl are seeing is that IRCC are processing cases post resumption of all-program draw faster these days.

titanik

Aug 28, 2021
Toronto
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
22-07-2023
So do you have any idea which one would be faster to get PR? Or is there any big difference between OINP Express Entry and Express Entry? @Ultraxion

Ultraxion

May 10, 2022
Whats your CRS score? Do you have an OINP stream that is readily available to you? Whats your status in Canada and when does it expire? There are so many things to be considered. PNPs are naturally slower since you have to go through provincial stages before your application approaches IRCC, and IRCC will have more eligibility conditions to verify compare to an ordinary EE application. PNP also means an extra 1000 or so dollar fee.

HankPym

Mar 14, 2023
granny said:
Hello

Is OINP Express Entry or Express Entry itself faster to receive a PR? Does anyone know their processing times to compare? I've been waiting for CEC draws and hesitant to get into anything else due to the higher waiting times. I'd really appreciate it if anyone could shed some light on it. Thanks!
Same question and Thanks for it.

Reactions: titanik

titanik

Aug 28, 2021
Toronto
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
22-07-2023
Whats your CRS score? Do you have an OINP stream that is readily available to you? Whats your status in Canada and when does it expire? There are so many things to be considered. PNPs are naturally slower since you have to go through provincial stages before your application approaches IRCC, and IRCC will have more eligibility conditions to verify compare to an ordinary EE application. PNP also means an extra 1000 or so dollar fee.
My CRS score is 487 (with additional LMIA points I believe points are valid for 6 months) and the PGWP expires Nov 2024. So I'm just wondering whether I should wait for regular EE to be processed faster or go with one of OINP streams... @Ultraxion

There are two streams that I can go for: Employer Job Offer: International Student stream and Human Capital Priorities stream