citizenship
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
dec 19 2016
Interview........
mar 9 2017
i got my IELTS SCORE TODAY

I WOULD LIKE TO know whether my score is valid to apply for canada immigration as a skilled worker. how many points can i get for this score ????????????????

listening - 6.0

reading -6.0

writing-6.0

speaking -6.0

overall -6.0

please confirm thanks../

Dr.Hasib

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Toronto,ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21 Jan 2012
u got 8(2+2+2+2) points from IELTS.
u need 67 points to apply. If u can score 67 with your 8 points from english proficiency then it is ok.

asad100101

Jun 28, 2010
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i read somewhere on the forum that ur application could be refused on the basis of poor language proficiency if u were hovering around the benchmark.

phdmaker

Jan 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
asad100101 said:
i read somewhere on the forum that ur application could be refused on the basis of poor language proficiency if u were hovering around the benchmark.
Poor language proficiency means IELTS score around 5 band.

6 band is fair enough.

gujjubhai

Sep 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec-2009
Doc's Request.
14 Feb2010
AOR Received.
20 Jun 2010
asad100101 said:
Its Ok if you complite 67 points

canada1234

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Dec 2012
sidestep4u said:
i got my IELTS SCORE TODAY

I WOULD LIKE TO know whether my score is valid to apply for canada immigration as a skilled worker. how many points can i get for this score ????????????????

listening - 6.0

reading -6.0

writing-6.0

speaking -6.0

overall -6.0

please confirm thanks../
Wow man what a consistency. 6 band each. You get 8 points in total. If you achieve 67 points that will suffice. But be careful CIC rejecting cases which are in teaching profession and low band in ielts. So if you are in teaching profession then I am afraid this band is not enough to fulfill the criteria.

mr_rana

Dec 28, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
NVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Sent with App. (Excluding PCC)
AOR Received.
1st:-04.2010, 2nd:- 04.2011
IELTS Request
Sent with App.
File Transfer...
06.2011 (RBVO), 04.2012 (In Process)
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made 24.01.2013
LANDED..........
I hope the following info sheds some light on this issue and the readers may use their own intellect to perceive the message.
This took this text from on the posts at this forum:

*************************************************************************************************
Dear Mr.

I am now completing the assessment of your application for a permanent resident visa. It appears that you may not meet the requirements for
immigration to Canada.

English is identified on the AEO as the required language of your prospective employment. You have provided an IELTS test report form which indicates that you have moderate proficiency in English speaking and reading, and basic proficiency in English listening and writing. The job being offered to you requires you to be able to develop designs and drawings from other information as well as to complete documentation packages, write reports, and prepare contracts and cost and material estimates. Where it appears reasonable to expect that clear communication and understanding would be necessary for efficient business operations, the ability to communicate in English at only a basic or moderate level appears to be a serious impediment to your being able to perform the duties of the job offered to you in Canada.

As it appears that you may not have the English language proficiency which would enable you to carry out the possible employment in Canada, you consequently do not appear to satisfy the conditions in Regulation 82 for obtaining points in the factor of arranged employment.

Before I make a final decision, you may submit additional information relating to this assessment. You must provide any additional information
within sixty days from the date of this letter. If you choose not to respond with additional information I will make my decision based on the information before me, which may result in the refusal of your application.

Sincerely,

EFL
Immigration Section/Service d'immigration
High Commission of Canada/Haut-commissariat du Canada
1 Grosvenor Square
London W1K 4AB/Londres W1K 4AB
United Kingdom/Royaume-Uni
Telephone/Telephone 0207 2586600
Facsimile/Telecopieur 0207 2586506
Government of Canada/Gouvernement du Canada
*******************************************************************************************

Right

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
YES
This person made a basic in Listening and Writing That is, 1 point each. And made moderate in Speaking and Reading!

Of course such person is not comparable with the case we are writing about...Please gentlemen, let us always advise ourselves with like terms do not creat unecessary tension for ourselves....

Sidestep,

If you score 67 points (including this IELTS scores) you are good to go. Mind you the reason for rejecting pple in teaching proffesion is to encourage lecturers and teachers alike to put extra efforts since their trade involves talking and reading the language.

mr_rana said:
I hope the following info sheds some light on this issue and the readers may use their own intellect to perceive the message.
This took this text from on the posts at this forum:

*************************************************************************************************
Dear Mr.

I am now completing the assessment of your application for a permanent resident visa. It appears that you may not meet the requirements for
immigration to Canada.

English is identified on the AEO as the required language of your prospective employment. You have provided an IELTS test report form which indicates that you have moderate proficiency in English speaking and reading, and basic proficiency in English listening and writing. The job being offered to you requires you to be able to develop designs and drawings from other information as well as to complete documentation packages, write reports, and prepare contracts and cost and material estimates. Where it appears reasonable to expect that clear communication and understanding would be necessary for efficient business operations, the ability to communicate in English at only a basic or moderate level appears to be a serious impediment to your being able to perform the duties of the job offered to you in Canada.

As it appears that you may not have the English language proficiency which would enable you to carry out the possible employment in Canada, you consequently do not appear to satisfy the conditions in Regulation 82 for obtaining points in the factor of arranged employment.

Before I make a final decision, you may submit additional information relating to this assessment. You must provide any additional information
within sixty days from the date of this letter. If you choose not to respond with additional information I will make my decision based on the information before me, which may result in the refusal of your application.

Sincerely,

EFL
Immigration Section/Service d'immigration
High Commission of Canada/Haut-commissariat du Canada
1 Grosvenor Square
London W1K 4AB/Londres W1K 4AB
United Kingdom/Royaume-Uni
Telephone/Telephone 0207 2586600
Facsimile/Telecopieur 0207 2586506
Government of Canada/Gouvernement du Canada
*******************************************************************************************

honeyjack

May 20, 2010
India
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Please advice on my case:

I got overall 6 & claimed 8 points, it was a shock to me but I didn't prefer to re-apply again.

S - 6.0
W - 6.0
R - 5.5
L - 6.5

I had IELTS before initial application & i have claimed 69 points in total . pl.. give your openion

Honeyjack

kotamera

Sep 5, 2009
Ajman, Sharjah, Dubai
Call the IELTS Guru Mr. Ayub +971509181014

No the score you have mentioned is not engouh. Sepcially in the listening section where you need more half band.
but you must check it with your consultant, may be, depending on you category.

phdmaker

Jan 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
honeyjack said:
Please advice on my case:

I got overall 6 & claimed 8 points, it was a shock to me but I didn't prefer to re-apply again.

S - 6.0
W - 6.0
R - 5.5
L - 6.5

I had IELTS before initial application & i have claimed 69 points in total . pl.. give your openion

Honeyjack
As far as u r securing 67 points, u r save.

Yes, for some particular NOCs like of teaching, drafting related, that score should need improvement. But since your NOC is 0111 (finance management related), It is pretty fine.

Rest, keep your faith on God.

Best of luck :)

FahadKhan_31

Oct 17, 2010
Dear forum Members,

I have one question and that is when i sent my 1st application to CIO canada i used maximum points (16) for language and indicated that i have not given english test on the forms, after that i got the initial approval from CIO. Now i am preparing to submit my documents to visa office london but My IELTS Result which i have recently given say's i can claim 10 points (6.5 Band) which makes total of 67, Should i change the language option on the forms while sending to London visa office or they will do themselves after looking my IELTS original certificate? Thanks and waiting for the reply.

humsafar

Jun 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2011
Doc's Request.
Sent with initial application
IELTS Request
Sent with initial application
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS 19-10-2011
Med's Request
20-07-2012
Med's Done....
25-08-2012 received in London 31-08-2012
in my opinion they will give you points according to you IELTS test, so there is no need to alter your forms.